Chapter 05

When Lee Know saw Seungmin approaching him from the same direction he came in, he quickly grabbed Seungmin's hand, pulling him closer. "I didn't know you were royalty." He whispered.

"I didn't know you were royalty either," Seungmin replied, he was feeling kind of hot because of the proximity.

"Well, this made things interesting." Minho chuckled, finally letting Seungmin go.

"I mean, we both had good reasons for it. I'm assuming we had the same reason at least. I did it because I can't go around telling everyone I'm royalty I don't know how to fight they'll probably kidnap me for a ransom." Seungmin said.

"Yeah, I wasn't even supposed to be out in the pub at least. I usually sneak out, but I can protect myself pretty well, as you know since we first met, I had a sword on hand." Minho responded.

"I see, well we shouldn't take too long here before they start suspecting? Me at least because I used the bathroom as an excuse but you said you would be solving something." Seungmin remembered.

"I know, I actually did leave a scroll in my room. It's the scroll that I need both of our kingdom's leaders to sign so that way the deal can be official." Minho reassured, grabbing the scroll from his desk and then showing it to him. "We can walk back in together, I'll pretend I saw you lost or something and showed you the way to the washroom." He suggested.

"Smart! You must fib a lot." Seungmin snickered, walking down the hallway.

Lee Know just shrugged then followed him down, finally opening the doors back to where the conference was being held. "Excuse us for interrupting like that, I found prince Seungmin wandering around lost while I went to go grab this." He pointed to the scroll in hand and led them back both to their seats.

"All is well, please seat yourselves." Empress Lee said. She took the scrolls and began explaining something to them. After the meeting ended the empress
was disappointed, they did not agree to sign the scroll. "Have a safe trip back." She forced a kind smile for professionalism.

"Ah, before you leave, is it possible I have a word with Prince Seungmin for a bit? I have some negotiations. I was thinking of talking to him about them." Minho said, trying to get him to stay.

Empress Kim nodded and let her son go. "Don't be too long, the carriage can't be waiting too much." She said and Seungmin nodded, walking up to Minho.

Lee Know smiled happily and took Seungmin by the hand, rushing back to his room. "Sorry for the sudden request but, I genuinely couldn't take my eyes off you back there." He said, now pinning Seungmin to his wall.

Seungmin turned a light shade of pink. ".. Oh thank you." He said Seungmin was about to bow when he realized he couldn't. He mentally cursed himself for messing up. "I'll be going now if that's all, my mom can't wait for me too long." He slipped away and finally bowed correctly, walking out of the room and down the hallway.

"Mhm, I understand, have a safe trip back." Lee Know waved and also bowed.

Once Seungmin reached the carriage he sat inside beside his mother. "What was all that about? Was he trying to change your mind about the deal I and his mother made?" She asked.

Seungmin shook his head. "No mother, we just had a conversation because he'd seen me around before and thought this was ironic." Seungmin half lied, feeling guilty about lying to his mother.

"Alright, when we get home take a warm bath and go to sleep early, you're going to be getting tutored in the morning." She requested and Seungmin nodded.

6:03 AM

Kim Dynasty palace garden.

Seungmin was waving the feather in his hand around until his teacher came back, the whole day he'd been thinking about Minho and couldn't focus on anything. He played the situation from yesterday in his head over and over, still blushing every time he thought about it.

"Alright your highness I'm back, have you found the answer to the puzzle I handed you?" His teacher sat down on the blanket beside him.

"Yes, the answer to how many months in a year have 28 days is all of them. They all have over 28 days." He sighed, wanting his schooling to end already.

"Great! You're getting better and better at these. I'll give you a three-hour break. How does that sound?" The teacher smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Sounds great thank you, Mrs. Choi." Seungmin smiled and immediately ran out of the garden and grabbed his horse by the rope, hopping on it, he rode quickly to Minho's place.