𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔

Klaus and Elijah stand together near a fireplace. "I've decided I will be sacrificing Katerina in my ritual, brother."

"Are you sure, Niklaus?"

"Yes, brother," he nods, "I am. Audrina will be spared and she is welcome to stay with us."

Elijah eyes his brother suspiciously, "do not tell me you've gained feelings for this silly human girl."

Klaus scoffs, "do not be foolish, Elijah, of course not. Katerina is clearly the better option. Better in every way. If you want to go around accusing, I shall accuse you of fancying Katerina."

"I do not," Elijah denies. "I could never."

"Then it is settled. We shall sacrifice Katerina."

Katerina gasps softly and places her hand over her mouth, pressing her back against the wall.

~

Audrina lays in her bed, sleeping peacefully when she hears footsteps in her room. She clenches the blanket against her body and holds her breath.

Her body jolts when she feels a cool hand on the bare skin of her shoulder. "Audrina," the familiar voice of her sister whispers, "wake up. We must go."

"Go?" she questions as she pushes her blanket off slightly and sits up in her queen-sized bed, "b-but why? I like it here. We have food, water, a nice warm place to sleep."

"You do not understand, my dear sister. They mean to sacrifice us for Klaus's ritual."

"What?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this and make you leave so suddenly," Katerina apologizes, "but we must go."

~

Katerina and Audrina run hastily through the woods.

Katerina suddenly falls and Audrina is forced to help her up. "Come, Katerina!" she whisper-shouts. "Let us hide behind this tree."

The two twin girls rush to hide behind a tree as Elijah and his men become closer to finding them.

"They are here," Elijah says. "Katerina! I know you're near. I can smell your blood. It's pointless to run, Klaus will find you wherever you are. Your sister will be spared - just come out and Audrina will be safe."

Audrina places her hand over her sister's as she begins to unveil her hiding spot hesitantly, "don't you dare," she whispers.

Trevor arrives and indicates a false direction. "This way. There is more blood over there."

Once they leave, Audrina lets out a breath of relief, "thank the Lord for Trevor's obsession with you."

The two girls get up and try to leave but Trevor arrives and puts a finger on Katerina's mouth and pushes her against the tree. "Head east. I can't lead them astray anymore."

Katerina shakes her head, "I can't run anymore. My sister does not deserve to be put through this."

"Never mind. There's a cottage. You'll be safe there. Go now. Go!"

Katerina takes Audrina's as they run through the woods to a cottage. She knocks on the door. "Help, please help us," Katerina begs as she squeezes her sister's hand.

An old woman opens the door

"Please, help me," Katerina pleads.

The woman stares back at her, "I don't invite strangers into my home."

"Please," Audrina begs, "Trevor, h-he said that you'd help us."

A woman inside overhears the conversation and walks up to the door. "Damn him. Always making promises I don't want to keep." She looks at the both of them, "let the girls in."