𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊'𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒊 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒊𝒕

She stands there. Unable to speak or move. As she watches Klaus's face falls into one of deep sadness.

"Klaus..."

"Why." Is all he says. Not a question. More of a demand.

"You killed my mother. You killed my father, my brothers, my sisters. All you left me with was Katherine," tears fall onto her cheeks as she continues, "I can't forgive you. Let alone love you after you murdered my entire family."

Klaus scoffs, "So that means you should declare your love for Stefan Salvatore, a man who is in love with your look-alike in front of me? Right after I explain to you how much you matter to me?"

"I froze Klaus! I didn't know what to do!" she shouts, "You can't blame me, I was caught off guard. No one has ever said words like that to me."

"Not even Stefan?"

She lowers her voice and shakes her head, "Not even Stefan."

"Yet you love him."

She nods this time, "yet I love him."

He scoffs, "It's pathetic, Audrina."

"Maybe if things went differently, Klaus. But they didn't. Maybe if we reunited in the past, or if I never left you 500 years ago. Or if I never met Stefan or if you never killed my family. Then maybe. Just maybe. Things would be different."

"We did reunite in the past," he admits, his eyes glued to the ground below him.

Audrina cocks a brow, "Excuse me?"

"Chicago. 1922."

She walks up to him and grabs his face, forcing him to look at her, "Klaus. What are you talking about? Explain yourself."

"I compelled you to forget."

She shakes her head, "Impossible. I've always been on vervain. Even now."

"At the time, there was a shortage. So you weren't able to acquire any."

~ Chicago, circa 1922

After dancing with Rebekah for two hours straight, the vampire was understandably tired. She sat at the bar where Klaus Mikaelson resided. Admittedly, she had been thinking about Klaus all night although she didn't want to.

It was funny to her. She spent 400 years running from the powerful original and she ended up coming to him. It took a few weeks since then but she finally opened up to him and became a big part of his life.

And it became even more shocking when Stefan fucking Salvatore showed up one night. She couldn't believe that her lost love was right in front of her.

Yes, he was a ripper and had no emotions. But there he was. And since then, she's never been happier.

Especially with the threesomes the three of them had together. One would even say the most epic threesomes, but who's judging?

"A gin please," Audrina orders with a smile. Her eyes flicker over to Stefan who is chatting up a young woman only to drain her of her blood later on no doubt. She smiles to herself before looking back at Klaus,"What has you here sulking, Nik?"

"You've been avoiding me all night," he replies.

"I've been avoiding you for the past few centuries, get over it," she jokes with a playful tone. "Now come on, tell me the real issue."

Klaus asks, "Do you love him?"

Audrina sighs, knowing exactly who Klaus is referring to, "I did for a time until he fucked my twin sister. Now, I just think he's good in the sack," she places her hand on his thigh and leans closer, "come on, that can't be what's getting you down, is it?"