𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇

With shakey breaths, she knocks on the door of the Salvatore Boarding House.

And to her luck, Stefan opens it.

"Stefan," she smiles, "hi..."

"Hey, uh what are you doing here?"

She can hear Elena's voice in the background which distracts her a bit but she tries to just focus on Stefan.

He furrows his eyebrows in concern, "have you been crying?"

"Uh... a little bit," she licks her lips nervously, "Look, I'm just going to tell you straight. Stefan... I'm uh— I'm in love with you."

He stares at her in shock, not sure what to say, "Audrey..."

"Don't act surprised. You know why I came back. You know I have feelings for you."

"That doesn't mean I knew you were in love with me," he says back.

"Is it so hard to believe?"

"I'm sorry Audrey, but I don't feel that way about you. I haven't for a long time," he sighs, "I'm in love with Elena."

She softly scoffs, "Right. Elena. So you feel nothing for me? At all?"

"Not since 1864. When you left."

She grabs his face and forces him to look into her eyes, "Look me in the eye Stefan and tell me you don't love me. Tell me that you'll never feel anything for me and I'll accept it."

Stefan places his hands on her wrists as she continues to hold his face, "I can't look into your eyes and hurt your feelings. You know that, you've always known that."

"Stefan?" Elena asks from the living room, "What's going on? Who's at the door?"

Audrina's eyes dart to the living room as a million thoughts run through her mind. Suddenly, she grabs Stefan's arms and breaks both of them before speeding into the house.

"Elena," she grins, "hey pretty girl."

Elena stands up from the couch, "Audrey? What are you doing here?"

"Do you want to die in the sacrifice tonight?" she asks her.

"What?"

"I know the feeling. The conflict between not wanting to die but also not wanting to be a vampire."

Elena slowly backs away, "Wh-what are you talking about?"

"Audrey!" Stefan shouts as he groans in pain, "Leave her alone!"

Audrina speeds toward Elena and roughly grabs her shoulders before biting and ripping through her throat.

"Ahh!" Elena screams in pure pain.

"Elena! Audrey!" Stefan runs toward her but Audrina only fights him off easily.

Finally, she pulls away from Elena and bites her own wrist, forcing her blood down Elena's throat. "Have fun tonight, Elena. I wish you a good forever."