𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆

"A 60s decade dance," Audrina grimaces. "I've never been more turned off in my entire life."

"My thoughts exactly, love," Klaus says on the other line of the phone.

"So why are you inviting me?" she asks him as she walks the streets of Mystic Falls.

"I thought you would appreciate some fun," he tells her, "so?"

She sighs, "I'll be there."

"I can't promise you that I will be present but I look forward to seeing you."

Audrina furrows her eyebrows, "if you might not be there why are you inviting me? And how will you see me?"

He smirks, "I'm Klaus Mikaelson, that's how," and with that, he hangs up.

"Entitled much?" she mumbles as she drops her phone into her pocket. She perks up when she spots Damon walking into the Mystic Grill and she promptly follows.

When she enters, she finds him sitting at the bar. Audrina walks over and plops down next to him, taking notice of his bourbon sitting in front of him. "It's like 12 in the afternoon," she pokes out her lip, "what's got you upset?"

He rolls his eyes and looks over at her, propping his head upon his hand, "you gonna drink with me, or are you just here to judge me?"

She smiles in amusement before flagging down the bartender, "vodka on the rocks, please."

"Hm," Damon hums as he sips his bourbon, "rough day?"

"Try last few centuries," she replies as she grasps her beverage, "your brother and his cute little girlfriend paid me a visit the other day," she tells him.

"Oh, you're only calling her that because you two are identical."

"Well duh."

Damon chuckles dryly, "what'd they want?"

"Elena was paranoid and Stefan wanted to give her reassurance. She actually isn't that hateable. Yet."

"I'm paranoid too," he admits, "you planning anything sinister?"

"Not currently," she admits. "You going to that little high school dance?"

"Have to. Klaus will be there."

"Do you even know what he looks like?" she asks, "or even how to kill him?"

"No and no," he replies, "do you?"

"Yes and yes. But it's not like I have a selfie with him and the weapon on hand so unfortunately, you're out of luck," she takes a sip of her drink.

"Are you talking about the dagger and white oak ash? We already know about that but that doesn't permanently kill them, it's more like a coma. We daggered Elijah."

Audrina laughs, "you daggered Elijah? Impressive. But no, I'm not talking about that. Luckily, Klaus invited me to the 60s-decade dance. He says I need some fun in my life. So maybe I can point him out to you."

"Speaking of Klaus, what's going on between you two?"

Audrina laughs, "oh boy," she takes another sip of her drink, licking the remaining alcohol from her lips, "I'm his muse, the love of his life... blah blah blah."

Damon looks shocked at first, "is that why he didn't want to kill you? Because he was in love with you?"

Audrina nods, "precisely. It's a very, 500-year-long story. I'll let Katerina tell you all the gory details no matter how much her story differs from mine."

Damon presses his lips together and nods before flagging down the bartender again, "hey, get us another round!"

Audrina just smiles.