𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," Klaus grins.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questions.

"I know how much you loved it here," he replies. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

He shrugs, "blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

Meanwhile, around a nearby corner, Audrina has her phone pressed to her ear as she speaks to Damon on the other end.

"Where did you get off to?" he asks her.

"Oh you know," she sighs, "places."

"Places? Why so cryptic?"

"Because it's a secret, Damon. Can't I have secrets?"

"When Petrovas keep secrets, I get scared," he says.

Audrina chuckles, "I'll be back soon, okay? See you."

With that, she hangs up and walks back over to Stefan and Klaus.

"Who was that?" Klaus asks.

"Damon," she says, looking at Stefan.

"What did he want?" Stefan asks, his gaze fixed on her.

Audrina innocently shrugs, "Just catching up. So, Klaus, what're we doing here?"

"Oh, Audrina, don't tell me the memories don't just come flooding in at the sight," he responds.

She crosses her arms and nods, "I mean... I guess they do."

"Wait a minute, what does Audrina have to do with this?" Stefan asks.

"Well, Stefan, around 90 years ago, me, Aundrina, and you met. Here."

"What?"

She chuckles softly, "I only found out recently. Klaus compelled me."

~ circa 1922

Stefan is in a car making out with a girl but then he drinks her blood and kills her. He gets out of the car, removes the blood from his lips, and walks down the street.

He enters a bar and pats the doorman on the shoulder as he passes. The owner of the bar who is on stage singing, sees him.

"Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies?" the singer says. "Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"

"Save me a dance, Gloria," he smirks. As he's about to grab a glass of champagne, a lady takes it before he does. "Ooh. Please, help yourself."

"Oh, I always do," she responds.

She gets closer, licks his lips, and whispers in his ear. She's vamped out. "Careful, Mr. Salvatore. You're still wearing your date. She's lovely."

As she's about to leave, he grabs her arm. "No, no, no. Who are you?"

She puts her first finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet and with that, she walks away.

~

"Chicago was magical," Klaus goes on to say

Stefan says, "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

"Going to get down to business, then?"