𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆

Audrina walks through her newly brought mansion, a ginger woman next to her holds a clipboard and a brunette man on the other side holds a wine bottle and glass.

"I want a white couch over there, a glass table there... and," she grins, reaching her arms to the ceiling, "a giant crystal chandelier here."

The ginger woman jots everything down on her clipboard, "I'll get right to it," she says and rushes out.

"Sounds like it'll be a beautiful place."

Audrina spins on her heels and faces the voice, dropping her once wide and bright smile. She rolls her eyes at the sight of Klaus, "and who exactly let you in?"

"Oh, no one. I just waltzed right in," he replies. "You should really look into utilizing the locks on your doors... not that it would keep me out."

Audrina huffs and holds her hand out to the brunette man who quickly pours her some wine and puts the glass in her hand. "There you are."

She smiles sweetly at him, "go take a break, love," she says as she walks off, past Klaus. And of course, he follows right behind her.

"No, really, the place is very nice. You have great taste," he compliments as he follows behind her through the hall, his hands behind his back as he admires not only her but the mansion.

"Why thank you," she sips on her wine, "I want it to be perfect."

They enter what seems to be a dining room in the making. Audrina places her wine glass on the table and looks at Klaus who stands across from her.

"Do you plan on staying long?" he asks her.

"I'm not telling you what I plan on, Klaus. You'll just have to guess."

He smiles playfully, "oh and you know how much I love guessing games."

She returns the smile, "like how you had to guess where Katerina and I were for 500 years? Hm, I'm sure you do."

"Correct. I'd chase you anywhere, no matter where you go."

"What are you doing here, Klaus?" she asks and takes another sip of her wine.

"I'm here for you. Why return if you want nothing to do with me?" he asks.

"I heard that you captured my sister and about your doppelgänger sacrifice," she simply replies, eyeing him. "After five hundred years, you're finally getting what you want."

"No thanks to your sister," Klaus sighs, staring admiringly at Audrina. "Audrina, please, do not treat me as if we are strangers."

"Oh, but we are strangers Klaus. It was one night where you expressed feelings to me and I to you. It was nothing more than that. I know nothing of you and you know nothing of me," she steps around the table, "and I'd like to keep it that way."

He cocks an eyebrow curiously at her, "are you sure about that?"

She nods, "I'm positive, Klaus."

He shrugs, showing an emotion that Audrina can't quite decipher. He stares deeply into her eyes before roughly grabbing her and smashing his lips into hers. Audrina gives into him and returns the kiss, her hands roaming all over his body as they sloppily make out.

He slams her onto her dining room table as they continue making out and in the process knocking over her wine glass. It shatters on the ground and the wine splatters everywhere.

His lips then detach from hers and he begins kissing down her tender neck as she moans quietly. Her legs wrap around his waist as she bites her lip to keep herself from making too many sounds but she can't hold it in forever.

Suddenly, the ginger woman from before walks in saying, "Miss Petrova, would you like..." she stops when she looks up and sees the two old vampires on the table together.

They quickly pull away from each other and get off of the table. Audrina readjusts her clothing before looking at Klaus, "I think it's time for you to go," she says.

Klaus licks his lips, making sure Audrina sees and smiles slyly before promptly leaving. She looks at the ginger and points at the wine on the floor, "get that cleaned up please and um..." she rubs her lips together, "order me a new dining room table."

The ginger nods, "of course, Miss Petrova."

Audrina licks her lips and exhales heavily as she regains herself, "I'll be back in a bit," she tells the woman before leaving and heading for the front door. As Audrina opens it, Stefan stands there with his fist in the air as if he was about to knock. "Stefan!" she exclaims in shock, "I wasn't expecting you."

"Kinda like how I wasn't expecting to see you ever again?"

Audrina sighs, "touché. What brings you here?"

"I was wondering if we could talk?" he asks.

She nods, "of course, we can. Let me just grab my jacket," Audrina reaches over and grabs her jean jacket before heading out of the door with Stefan.

~

Stefan and Audrina sit awkwardly across from each other at a booth in the Mystic Grill. Audrina knots her hands together on top of the table nervously.

"So—"

"I'm—"

They both laugh awkwardly at the interaction. Audrina smiles softly and motions her hand toward Stefan, "you go."

Stefan quietly clears his throat as he nods once, "I'm with Elena," he tells her.

It's clear that Audrina is growing uncomfortable as she shifts in her seat. "Elena? The doppelgänger?"

"Audrey—" Stefan starts.

"No, Stefan. It's understandable why you chose her," she says, "she reminds you of me. Sweet, smart, compassionate, and kind. Not to mention we share a face. I should've seen it coming."

"I didn't choose her," Stefan says, "I fell in love with her. She's more than a look-alike."

"Ah," Audrina nods, "I bet there are so many layers to such a simple girl. You forget, Stefan, that I was that girl."

Stefan scoffs, "what did you expect? For you to come back here after a century and a half and I'd sweep you up into my arms and we'd be back together?"

"No. But considering that I left for your safety and happiness, yes I'd expect at least a bit of gratitude."

Stefan shakes his head in disbelief, "you left me because you're selfish, just like your sister."

Audrina laughs, "are you that stupid, Stefan? I left because I truly believed it was right! I thought leaving you would be the best choice for everyone. I was being chased by a vengeful Orginal Hybrid and though he didn't wish for my death, he wanted Katerina's and that meant I was not safe either and if I stayed with you, you would've been doomed to the same life. Is it so hard to believe that my reasons weren't selfish but instead selfless?"

"You left without a word to anyone, Audrey. How was I supposed to know if you were dead or alive?"

"Need I remind you that you chose Katerina over me anyway, Stefan? I thought you didn't love me."

"So you find comfort in my brother? Romantically and sexually?"

Audrina cocks her head, "oh, and I suppose that's a sore spot for you now, hm? Having both Katerina and Elena find that sort of comfort in your brother as well?"

"Audrey—"

"Don't, Stefan. I understand you were distraught after I left and for that I am sorry. But what I will not apologize for is finding comfort in a man who was my best friend at the time and who showed me the love and the affection that I needed, who, and I am so deeply sorry for this, just happened to be your brother. Not when you treated me as if I was nothing when Katerina looked your way. I refuse," she stands up and hurries out of the Mystic Grill, leaving Stefan sitting there alone.

~

word count: 1319