𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕, 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒎𝒆

Before Klaus can even respond to me, there's a sudden shift in the atmosphere of the bar. I glance over, and there he is—Stefan, standing at the entrance, eyes locked onto Klaus and me.

I feel Klaus's hand tighten around mine as he senses Stefan's arrival. "Well, well," Klaus mutters under his breath, "it seems our audience has arrived."

I release Klaus's hand and turn to face Stefan, offering a nonchalant smile. "Stefan, long time no see."

He doesn't respond immediately, his gaze shifting between Klaus and me. The intensity of his stare is palpable, filled with a mixture of emotions—jealousy, anger, and perhaps a hint of regret.

Klaus smirks, clearly reveling in the situation. "So, Stefan, how did it go?"

I cock a brow, "how did what go?"

"Stefan here was supposed to send his brother a message."

I look back at Stefan, "what kind of message?"

"That the old me is gone."

I nod slowly, "okay... by doing what?"

"I killed Andie."

"Oh."

"Why don't you join us, Stefan?"

"Oh... I don't really..." I start to say but Klaus continues.

"We were just discussing old times."

"What are you doing here, Audrey?" Stefan asks.

"Last I checked this is a free country, Stefan. Or did I travel back a couple centuries?"

Klaus raises an eyebrow, looking at me with a smirk. "Audrina, why don't you formally introduce your ex to your current... whatever I am?"

Stefan's gaze shifts back to me, searching for an explanation. I sigh, deciding to cut through the tension. "Stefan, I came here to meet Klaus. To talk to him."

Stefan's eyes flicker with a mixture of disbelief and irritation. "To meet with Klaus? Really, Audrey?"

"Call me Audrina," I correct him. "And yes, to meet Klaus. I've known him for centuries. What's wrong with catching up?"

"He's betrayed you time and time again," he reminds me.

I shrug. "We've had our differences, but we're working through them."

Klaus leans back, a self-satisfied grin on his face. "It's true. Audrina and I have a way of finding common ground."

Stefan's jaw tightens even more, and he takes a step closer. "Audrina, can I talk to you for a moment?"

I glance at Klaus, who nods as if giving me permission. I follow Stefan to a more secluded corner of the bar, away from Klaus's curious gaze and out of earshot.

"What the hell are you doing, Audrina?" Stefan hisses.

"Enjoying my immortal life, Stefan," I reply with a casual shrug.

"With him? After everything?"

I scoff, "you're one to talk, Ripper."

"This is completely, different."

"You know what, Stefan? I'm done waiting around for you. You chose Elena. I'm choosing to live without regrets."

He looks pained, frustration evident in his eyes. "You can't just move on like this."

"Why not? You did," I retort.

"That's different."

I cross my arms, staring at him. "Is it, Stefan? Or are you just upset that I'm not pining after you anymore?"