𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓

And here I am. Relaxing in the Bahamas. Basking in the warm sun. Sipping Mai Tais and enjoying my unfortunately infinite life.

I'm almost able to forget about Klaus and Stefan.

Katerina lays next to me on a lounge chair, sunglasses on and clad in a white bikini.

I haven't spent time like this with her in over a century and it feels good but also wrong in some way.

"Hey, Kat?" I say.

"Hm," she mumbles, eyes still closed under her sunglasses.

"I have a weird question."

She looks at me, pulling her sunglasses down onto her nose, "yes?"

"Your baby. Do you ever wonder what happened to her?"

Katerina tenses, pulling her sunglasses back onto her face. "No," she firmly states.

I take a sip of my drink and hum, "Hm. I don't know how. I would think of my daughter every day."

"Why would I? Doing that for five hundred years would drive me insane."

I nod, "wouldn't stop me from doing it, though."

"That's because you're too compassionate and caring. You need to learn to let go."

"Yeah. Who was the father of her anyway?"

Katerina grins, "Why do you ask?"

"When I asked before you were always so secretive."

Katerina looks at me again, this time pushing her sunglasses onto her head, "promise not to get mad?"

I hold out my pinky, "Pinky swear."

Katerina knots her pinky with mine as she says, "The shoe cobbler."

My jaw drops and I gasp, "Katerina!"

"You promised not to get mad, Audrina."

"I didn't know it would be him. I thought it would be that miner who was obsessed with you or the bartender down at the pub. Not my boyfriend. God!"

She rolls her eyes, "calm down."

"How'd you get him to sleep with you?"

Katerina huffs, sitting up, "I pretended to be you," she shrugs, "I was curious."

"You were jealous. Someone loved me and you couldn't take it."

"Okay. Curiosity and Jealousy. I mean, we look the same. I didn't understand how he could love you and not me."

"Are you dense?" I narrow my eyes, "he loved me for me. Not my looks."

I stand up and walk off, heading back into our villa. Inside, there's a man that Katerina compelled and as I begin to angrily feed on him, Katerina walks in.

"We pinky promised."

I toss the man aside and turn towards her. She grabs him, sits him in a chair and gives him a cloth so that his neck doesn't bleed everywhere.

"That was before I found out how much of a tramp you are."

She chuckles, "Please, you already knew that."

"Our vacation is over."

"What?" she complains, "it just started."

"It's been over three months, Katerina. I need to return to my mansion. Besides, William needs me."

Katerina stares at me in disbelief, "your butler?"

I nod, "My butler."

She sighs, "Suit yourself. I'll always be here if you need me."