𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚

Klaus sits in his mansion, staring at his phone, waiting for Audrina to answer his call.

He knows that she will be angry with him for taking Stefan, but he doesn't care.

Finally, Audrina picks up the phone. "What do you want, Klaus?" she snaps.

"I just wanted to let you know that I took Stefan in exchange for my blood," Klaus says calmly. "Damon will be cured now."

Audrina's anger boils over. "You're a traitor, Klaus!" she shouts. "How could you do this after I gave you Elena?"

Klaus laughs. "Oh, Audrina," he says. "You should know by now that I don't do things out of loyalty. I did it because I wanted to."

Audrina is about to respond when Klaus interrupts her. "Open your door, Audrina," he says. "There's something there for you."

Confused, Audrina gets up and opens her front door. To her surprise, she finds a vial of Klaus' blood sitting on her doorstep. She looks up and sees Katherine, her sister, standing across the street, watching her.

"Katerina," Audrina says, running over to her. "What's going on? How did you get Klaus' to let you leave?"

Katherine smirks, "Let's just say I have my ways," she says. "But the important thing is that Damon can be cured now. Go give him the blood, Audrina."

Audrina nods, thanking her sister before rushing off to find Damon. As she gives him the cure, tears stream down her face as she tells him about Stefan. "Klaus took him, Damon," she cries. "He did it out of spite and jealousy. I just know it. I don't know what to do."

Damon pulls her into a tight embrace, trying to comfort her. "We'll figure it out, Audrina," he tells her. "Right now, the important thing is that you saved my life. Thank you."

As Audrina pulls away, she looks at Damon, her heart pounding in her chest. In that moment, she leans in and kisses him, pouring all of her emotions into the kiss.

Damon kisses her back. As they pull away, Audrina sighs, "Damon, I love you but I'm not in love with you."

"I know. I'm not in love with you either."

"Good. Then no more kisses or sex or anything," she tells him, "we need to focus on getting Stefan back."

Damon nods, "and we will."

~

Klaus was quite  pleased with himself to say the least. Though, he had taken Stefan and left Audrina behind, he still wished that she was with him. Also in the back of his mind he knew it would take a while for Audrina to forgive him for this.

Because he took Stefan though, he knows that she would be thinking about him constantly. To make sure of it, he decides to send her random gifts while he's with Stefan.

At first, it's just small things like flowers and chocolates. But as the days went on, the gifts became more extravagant. Audrina would receive designer dresses and expensive jewelry, all with notes from Klaus that expressed his love for her.

Audrina was beyond annoyed. She knows that Klaus is just trying to get under her skin but she refuses to give him the satisfaction. She would throw the gifts in the trash and go on about her day, trying to focus on other things. Like finding Stefan.

But Klaus is relentless. He begins sending her even more gifts.

Finally, one day, she calls Klaus on the phone. "What's up with the gifts Klaus? Sucking up to me?"

Klaus just laughs. "You don't enjoy them?"

Audrina rolls her eyes. "You took Stefan, Klaus," she reminds him. "How can you say you care for me when you're holding him hostage and forcing him to go on killing sprees?"

Klaus's tone turns serious. "I did it because I love you, Audrina," he said. "And I'll do whatever it takes to keep you by my side."

Audrina doesn't know what to say. "Taking Stefan away from me is doing the exact opposite of keeping me by your side."

-
very short chapter but that's bc i have a long chapter planned and coming out soon! so this chapter is leading up to it 🌚

word count: 698