𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔

Audrina stands at the door of the Salvatore Boarding house. She takes a deep breath, clenching her fists at her thighs.

She's wearing a back v-neck shirt with little buttons at the 'v', under the shirt, she has a white undershirt with lace around it. To compliment her neck, she wears a silver necklace with her initial 'A' on it and near that, on her right shoulder, is her zodiac sign tattooed. To top it off, she's wearing black skinny jeans and high heeled boots. Her thick straight hair flows down her shoulders and back beautifully.

She raises her hand to the door and knocks. Once, twice, and three times.

And soon someone opens it. Stefan. "Elena? I thought you were with Caroline. And why are you knocking? Come in."

Audrina, without a word, walks inside the boarding house and looks around curiously. Damon descends down the stairs just as Audrina passes by them.

He furrows his eyebrows at her, "what are you doing here?"

Audrina turns toward him and looks into his eyes. Damon stops in his tracks and stares back at her while Stefan stands there in confusion.

Damon's eyes peel away from hers and trail down to her neck, landing on the 'A' necklace. He speeds toward her, wrapping his hand around her neck and slamming her into the wall.

"Damon!" Stefan shouts, "it isn't Katherine, Klaus has her. It's Elena! her go!" he demands.

Audrina's eyes bore into his, but this time she has a playful look. Her hand wraps around his wrist which obviously says he's not causing any pain to her. He snatches the initial necklace from her neck and dangles it in front of Stefan. "You're right brother, not Katherine."

Stefan shakes his head as he stares in disbelief, "no, it can't be."

Damon drops the necklace and moves Audrina's sleeve to the side, looking at her tattoo. "It's her."

"Audrey," Stefan states.

"Elena is the doppelgänger, right?" she asks and shoves Damon away from her, "I did a little research before coming back here."

"You're dead," Damon says.

She laughs, "no, how else would I be standing right in front of you? Duh."

"Everyone thinks you're dead. Even Katherine."

"Mhm," she nods and drags her finger on the edge of the table, "if there's one thing I'm better than her at - it's hiding."

Stefan crosses his arms and asks, "why are you here?"

"I couldn't help but notice my sister and a certain hybrid being in town," she crosses her arms, staring at the brothers, "how could I not come back?"

Damon narrows his eyes, "aren't you supposed to be on the run from him? Why come to him? Unless you're pulling a Katherine and trying to make a deal for your life."

"No. Katherine made me run from Klaus for almost 400 years. He never wanted me and deep down I knew that. But I allowed my older sister to control me and make me believe that I too was in danger. For those 146 years that she didn't know where I was, it was the freest I've ever been. No running, no hiding, no fear. Just me and the people I chose to let enjoy it with me."

"Wait so you're saying Klaus wasn't after you?" Stefan asks, "just Katherine?"

"Just Katherine," she repeats, "Klaus never wanted to sacrifice me. She tricked me into leaving. She killed me and turned me, making me believe it would help."

She points down at the floor at the necklace he ripped from her neck.

Damon's eyes look at the necklace and then at Audrina. It's tense, the look he shares with her. But finally, he gets on his knees, picks it up, and drops the necklace into her open hand.