Part 3 - Joined Hearts

Namaari sat on a seat in the garden and Sisu was near her, having a normal conversation. As much as Namaari felt like she was a friend of Sisu, she respected that Sisu is her ultimate chief and not just a mere being. She addressed her formally when answering her.

"Raya will be here soon. I think she wants to talk to you." said Sisu.

"Oh...I want to as well...but..." she sighed. "I don't know where or how to start. After everything I've done...I don't...I don't know."

Sisu went beside her and said, "Hey, don't worry. You're both gonna have a really great time talking to each other and you a-"

When Sisu saw Raya approaching, she smiled and said, "Woah, you look awesome girl!"

Namaari turned around and was in a bit of shock. Raya looked different. GOOD different. Raya blushed as she approached Namaari.

"I'll leave you two and return soon." said Sisu with a wink at Raya as she departed.

Raya avoided eye contact with Namaari and she said, "H-h-hey..."

"Hey Raya, you look... absolutely beautiful." replied Namaari nervously.

OMG DID NAMAARI REALLY COMPLIMENT ME?!

Raya blushed and said, "So do you...as always."

Namaari smiled at her. Her heart's rate however, was off the charts. She slightly trembled but Raya was pretty much in her own feelings as well. She didn't really realize how nervous Namaari was. To break the silence, Namaari said, "How is your day?"

"Quite okay. And you?"

"Same...I've looked forward to this celebration for so long."

"Well the day is here now." Raya nervously played with her braids and Namaari was gradually becoming more comfortable.

Namaari glanced at her and said, "Um...Sisu said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Oh...right..." said Raya as she bit her lips.

Namaari noticed how tense she was and said, "Are you okay? You seem quite...confined."

"No...no I'm alright." replied Raya, not realizing that her shivers didn't go unnoticed. Her hair was on end and it felt as though a volcano was about to erupt in her stomach.

"Raya, you don't have to be so nervous. It's just me." said Namaari as she put her hand on top of Raya's. Feeling Namaari's hand only intensified the emotions inside her and she struggled to hide it. After a few deep breaths, she was able to calm down.

"I-I'm sorry for being so...awkward..." said Raya under her breath in embarrassment.

"It's okay dep la."

*internal screaming* "DID NAMAARI JUST CALLED ME 'DEP LA'?!"

"Dep la" is a word she's used to. It's not the first Namaari called her that. But why does it feel more significant now? Is it because their friendship is confirmed? But...do 'friends' blush so much when one sweettalks the other? Nope.... THIS is more than a mere friendship.

"I want you to tell me what's on your mind." said Namaari as she rubbed her thumb across the top of Raya's hand. Raya's heart palpitated then she released a deep breath and said softly, "I can't..."

"Why not?" asked Namaari as she stared at Raya with concern.

"I just...it's so hard Namaari. And...now isn't the place for me to say something like...what is going through my mind." explained Raya as her anxiety turned to fear. She was scared...what if she interpreted her own feelings wrongly and tell Namaari the wrong thing?

"Hmm... alright I won't pressure you to tell me but when you feel like the time is right, you can." said Namaari. Raya stared her in the eyes with a smile and then said, "Thanks."

"Anytime" replied the Fang warrior. "Wanna go for an afternoon walk?"

"Sure. I haven't been on a walk in quite a while" said Raya.

They got up and Namaari didn't let go of Raya's hand until they arrived at the front of the palace where everyone else was. Raya noticed this and the first thought that flashed across her mind was that Namaari may have feelings for her. 

"Absolutely not! That's just crazy!" said Raya in her mind, responding to the thought. Deep down she knows there is something but didn't want to accept that SOMETHING. She wanted to force herself to believe otherwise but it was mentally excruciating for her to do so. Chief Benja saw the princesses and said, "Hello ladies." Namaari bowed in acknowledging the chief.

"Hello Ba, we're going on a walk so we'll back soon." said Raya.

"Alright be careful dew drop."

When Raya and Namaari were far from most of the persons, Namaari held her hand....again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you think Namaari is interested in Raya romantically? Or.....
Let me know your thoughts on this new Rayaari fanfic and don't forget to vote! <3