Part 4 - Letting Loose

Raya wanted to ask Namaari if she had feelings for her but...in that moment? Nah...

"So how is Fang coming on?" asked Raya instead of the initial question.

"Quite great. Just some minor repainting and we're done. Thanks to your help and the other lands that have contributed. It means a lot." Namaari sighed as she thought about that day. She involuntarily murdered Sisu and feels as though she'll never forgive herself for such a crime. She was willing to suffer the most excruciating pain and may still feel as though she deserved worse. She held onto Raya's hand a little tighter. Raya stopped and said, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." Namaari's tone was very low and shaky.

"You're not, Namaari. tell me what's wrong." insisted Raya as she held her other hand.

"Raya...everything has been troubling me. Every moment I think about what I did that day... breaking the world then killing Sisu... It's too much for me. This hurts worse than any physical pain I've felt." A tear slipped from her left eye as she spoke. Raya could understand the pain Namaari felt and she used her thumb to wipe away the tear then gave her a warm hug, slightly tipping to match her height. Namaari sobbed lightly and Raya rubbed her back, letting her know that she was there for her and how much she cared.

"Dep la" Raya started, "I understand that you feel guilty but everything worked out for the best even though you can't see that. But you saved the world in the end. If all that didn't happen, the world could have been broken in a horrible way that could have wiped out all life in Kumandra. Look at me.." She gently lifted Namaari's chin and with tears flowing from her eyes, Namaari looked Raya in the eyes.

Raya smiled and said, "I'm here for you. Sisu is here for you. Kumandra is here for you. We love you and care about you. I know guilt isn't the easiest thing to overcome but I'll be with you every single step of the way and I'll never leave your side."

Namaari smiled and embraced Raya, slightly gasping from her sobbing then said in a slight whisper, "Thank you Raya."

"Anytime." replied Raya. They gradually let loose of their hug and resumed their walk. Namaari felt more at peace now that she expressed how she felt to Raya. The two princesses felt more attached to each other because of that moment.

"When will you return to Fang?" asked Raya.

"Tomorrow. I think my mother said we'd spend the night here at Heart. Any plans?"

"Well I don't have anything set at the moment but I'm sure we can come up with some enjoyable activities." said Raya.

"Okay. Woah, Look..." Namaari pointed to a tributary from the main river.

"Oh we can sit there and talk."

"Exactly."

They sat on a flat-top rock and admired the small river. The flowers in their variety of colors dominated the bank and butterflies and other small flying insects fed on the nectar from the flowers.

"I could stay here all day." said Raya as she rested her head on Namaari's shoulder.

"Me too. It's just so peaceful." Namaari placed her arm slightly around Raya's waist which briefly startled her.

Raya sighed then said, "Namaari...I-I have something to tell you."

"Sure you can tell me anything."

Raya bit her lips then took a deep breath and said, "So um..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it what we think it is? Is Raya really going to tell Namaari how she feels? What do you think?
...Don't forget to leave a vote ;)