Part 37 - Big Day (part II)

"Namaari..." said Chief Virana as she gently woke Namaari from her slumber. 

Namaari groaned and said, "Yeah?"

"You need to have breakfast darling. It's like...near midday."

"WHAT?" expressed Namaari in disbelief.

"Yes, it is almost noon. I figured that you must have been exhausted from yesterday. Today is the final day to prepare before your big day. I'm so happy for you."

"Aww thanks mother." said Namaari with a smile.

Virana smiled at her and said, "Well, come for breakfast when you're ready darling."

"Okay."

Namaari sat up with Raya on her mind. She kept getting more and more anxious to see her now that it's much closer to her wedding day. She went to have breakfast after a while and the general was around the table talking with Virana. They were delighted to see Namaari.

"Hello princess, how are you?" asked Atitaya.

"I'm well, thanks."

"Tomorrow is the big day, huh?" said the general, smiling at her.

Namaari blushed and nodded yes.

"So today I'm just going through the dance once more today?" asked Namaari.

"Yes and your hair is to be done. It'll take quite a while." replied Virana.

"Wait...what hairstyle will be done to it?"

"braids with gold accessories. You'll have extensions so that's mainly why it'll take so long." 

"Oh! I always love the braided styles but that's like 4 hours and...I am not that patient." groaned Namaari.

"Think of it this way, it's for YOUR day when you become a wife." said Virana, hoping to cheer up Namaari. Fortunately, it did help. 

She blushed and said, "Okay...but can it begin ASAP?"

"Sure. I think the stylist is ready whenever you are." replied Virana.

They went to the room where the stylist, Catarina, was. She smiled and bowed when she saw Virana and Namaari.

"Hello your majesties." 

"Hello, Rina. Is it okay if you begin with Namaari's hairstyle anytime soon?"

Catarina put on her glasses and got up and said, "Of course! As long as she's ready I am."

"Amazing. I take my leave." said Virana before exiting.

Catarina was very friendly and welcoming and that made Namaari feel super comfortable and not bored. They had normal conversations about pretty much anything. Namaari's hair was being beautifully braided with gold and silver accessories. 

"Wow...it's really been almost three hours and it's now finished!" exclaimed Catarina as she finished doing the last braid.

"Really? Can I see now?" said Namaari, almost sounding desperate.

"Not yet. I haven't added the fragrances and all that to enhance it." 

After adding them, Catarina led Namaari to a mirror and Namaari stared at herself, dumbstruck.

Catarina chuckled and said, "I take that as you like it."

"I-...I'm sorry I don't like it..." said Namaari rubbing her temples and closing her eyes

Catarina was shocked and felt a wave of disappointment. In a softer and sad tone, she said, "Oh...anything specific?"

Namaari took a deep breath and said, "Everything about it...I just don't like it... I LOVE IT! HOWWWW did you even manage to do it so NEATTTTT and so FLAWLESSSSSS and BEAUTIFUL!!"