Part 10 - Jeopardy

Namaari instantly felt a void inside of her. She felt anxious and worried for herself and Raya. Did the general hear when they were in the heat of the moment? If so, she'd be certainly embarrassed. 

"W-What about Raya?" asked Namaari timidly.

"I saw something earlier and like...I just need to know that I'm making wrong assumptions about you." replied Atitaya.

"What did you see?" 

"I-It's just how cuddled you were with the princess."

Namaari's anxiety morphed to anger and she said, "Did you enter the room without our permission?"

The general knew getting Namaari upset would spawn trouble and she instantly tried to make her less tense. "N-no I didn't want to but you were late for breakfast and...I um...It was an accident."

Namaari stood up and said, "Firstly, you have absolutely no right to invade our privacy unless it is an emergency. And secondly, there is no need for you to get yourself involved in my personal life so please leave me alone."

The general sighed and said, "Princess Namaari, please don't walk away. I'm not just being interested. I'm doing all this in your favor because if word spreads, you both can face serious consequences for practicing homosexuality. SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES"

"Are you threatening me? Because if so, you are messing with the wrong person."

"I'm not threatening you. I'm just letting you know that things can happen and it is best to avoid those situations by not doing things to induce them. All I want to say is, if you're in a relationship with Raya, you need to end it or face the wrath of Kumandra."

Namaari's anger was bein fueled and she clenched her fist as she fiercely stared at the General like she wanted to instantly fight her. She regained a bit of composure and reminded herself of what her mother always say, "Smart decisions, not emotional ones"

She relaxed from her tense position and walked away without a word to Atitaya. In the meantime, Raya was back in her room, brushing through her hair. She was daydreaming about Namaari and almost didn't hear the knock on her door. When she realized how much she was daydreaming, she snapped out of it and said, "Oh um- You may enter."

Chief Benja entered and said, "Hello my dewdrop. How are you?"

"I'm doing great Ba." replied Raya as she walked over to the chief and gave him a hug.

"Amazing. So today the lands return to their various parts of Kumandra and you and I have something to discuss."

Raya slightly gasped at the last thing her father said. He had a serious tone. Could it be about Namaari?

"Oh..alright Ba. W-we can talk about it now."

She tried hiding how nervous she became and Chief Benja said, "So I know that you're a strong, noble guardian and warrior of your home and Kumandra as a whole. And on top of that, you're my daughter and there's absolutely nothing more valuable to me than that."

Raya smiled and felt more relaxed.

"However, you're at the age where dating should begin to carry on the tradition of having an heir of our land." explained the Chief.

Raya suddenly looked worried and said, "Wait what? But Ba! No... I do not want to date...a man..." her last two words being in a low tone.

"I understand your independence Raya and I don't want to force you to be with anyone but this is a tradition that simply must go on." said the Chief.

Raya's eyes watered and she said, "But...We are no longer separated where everywhere only cares about just itself. We are Kumandra."

"And we are dewdrop. But you and Namaari are the only princesses in Kumandra and you both saved the world. This isn't really a 'Heart' thing but now you are even more powerful and influential because you saved the world. The rest of Kumandra looks to you both." 

The chief wiped away the tears flowing from her eyes and said, "Dew drop, are you crying because of the fact that you have to start dating? These tears seem to be coming from something deeper."

Raya glanced at her Ba and said, "I can't talk about it now Ba."

"It's okay. I'm not demanding that you tell me. I just want to know that you're okay and let you know that I'm always here for you." said the Chief.

Raya slightly smiled and said, "Thank you Ba. I love you."

"I love you too."

Chief Benja embraced her then she said, "I wanna talk to you later."

Tears refilled her eyes and she held down her head so her Ba wouldn't see and he said, "Sure dewdrop. I have to get back to some duties."

"Okay Ba."

Chief Benja left and not long after, Namaari knocked on the door and said, "Raya?"

"Y-you can enter." replied Raya, her voice cracking.

She fought back the tears as Namaari entered then closed the door. This time around, Namaari locked it then went to sit beside Raya. She knew something was wrong and said, "Dep la? Are you okay?"

Raya felt Namaari's hand pull her close and she burst out in tears. Namaari embraced her and stroked her back, trying to calm her down. After about two minutes when Raya was calmer, Namaari kissed her forehead and said, "Tell me what's wrong baby. I'm here for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What would you do in a situation as what Raya and Namaari are in? Will things work out for them or will they have to part ways? More soon <3 Don't forget to vote