Part 27 - Second Saving

Amba quickly returned to the cave with Raya. Namaari, Dakari and Sisu hadn't returned yet and everyone was really worried.

"Guys...it's confirmed that it was the plant. We just need the others to return."

They desperately waited for a few minutes which felt like hours. Finally, they returned with the activated charcoal in a mixture, hoping to save Pengu. His heart rate was slower and his breathing was accelerating. The healers cautiously poured some in his mouth so he'd swallow it. After giving him all of it, they waited in silence and feeling anxious. 

Sisu began getting restless and sobbing and Raya instantly hugged her and said, "Sisu...he'll be okay."

"But... t-there's no change." said Sisu in a broken voice, feeling hopeless.

Amba gasped and said, "Look!" She pointed towards outside the cave. The winds were gradually becoming less ferocious and the rain slowly eased. This was a big relief for Sisu and she smiled as she admired the improving conditions. She then glanced at Pengu. The healer dragons also felt relieved. Everyone cheered when they saw the improvements and Pengu was slowly opening his eyes as he returned to consciousness.

"W-what happened?" he asked very weakly. 

Sisu rushed over to him and embraced him with a tear slipping from her eye.

"I am so happy that you're back!"

Pengu was still very weak but tried getting up to hug Sisu and the rest of his siblings. 

"W-what happened though?" 

"It's a lot. But for now, you need to rest." said Amba.

He gladly nodded and lied down returning to his slumber. There was a big sigh of relief for everyone and Sisu said, "Thank you so much for your help Raya, Namaari and Dakari! We wouldn't have been successful without you."

"This is what we do." said Raya.

The dragons helped the royalties back to Heart. It was late night at that point and Chief Benja hugged Raya and said, "You guys did it. I'm proud of you."

"Thank you Ba" said Raya.

"You all will be definitely rewarded for your bravery and quick actions. I will discuss with the other chiefs this noble task you have done. We will decide on your reward. But it's been an exhausting night. You need to rest."

"We sure will chief Benja." said Namaari.

After the Chief went away, Raya said, "Do you remember where your room is at Dakari?"

"Yup. So good night I guess?"

"Good night." replied Raya and Namaari in unison.

They separated and Raya said, "Now I just need to get out these soaking wet clothes and have a hot bath."

"You sure? Want me to make them a lil more wet?" asked Namaari with a smirk.

Raya giggled and said, "Some other time dep la."

"Uh...Raya?"

"Yeah?"

"You're shivering a lot and you look a lil pale."

"Oh...it's nothing dep la. Just tired."

Namaari grabbed her hand and pulled her to the bathroom. She turned on the tap and filled the tub with warm soapy water and said, "You need to quickly have a bath and get rest baby."

"I know but...."

"No buts."

Namaari took off Raya's clothes and then helped her relax in the tub. Raya was so tired that she didn't even feel shy when she was naked with Namaari.

Namaari brushed through her hair which had bits of leaves and other debris. The relaxing sensation of the brush massaging her scalp helped her to fall asleep. 

"Alright Raya, now you need to- Raya?" Namaari realized that she was asleep and she smiled and gently woke her. 

"Hmm?" expressed Raya, her eyes still closed. 

"Babygirl you're still in the tub."

Raya sighed and said, "Okay fine I-" 

Her sentence was cut off when she sneezed. Namaari knew that she was most definitely not well.

"Thanks Namaari but I'll handle from here and return to my room soon."

"Okay dep la. I'll shower in the adjacent bathroom and join you in your room."

After showering and getting dressed, the princesses went into the bed but Raya was shivering and groaning as though she was in pain. Namaari held her close and said, "Tell me what's wrong baby."

"Kinda...ill.."

"I have a strong feeling that it's because you were out in that weather. Don't worry, you're safe with me." said Namaari, kissing her forehead. "Woah...you definitely have a fever. Do you want something to drink?"

"Just a lil juice...grape." replied Raya after yawning.

She was weak and very exhausted Namaari left and went for some grape juice in a cup. When she returned, Raya was asleep. Namaari smiled at her then put the juice on a table in the room and turned off the lights and went in bed with her. She ensured Raya was properly wrapped up in the blankets and embraced her. She kissed her lips gently and said, "Good night dep la. You'll be A-okay tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Raya, Namaari and Dakari were most definitely heroes of Kumandra. But they'll soon learn more of what happened in the other lands as a result of the crazy storms. More soon <3