Part 24 - Thunderstorm

Raya was startled by a loud thud. 

"W-what's happening?" she asked in her tired voice while in Namaari's arms

"Just a thunderstorm. Go back to sleep dep la."

"No I-I'm fine."

Raya sat up and yawned. "How long was I asleep for?" 

"Not so sure. I woke not very long before you."

"Okay."

Raya went to her window and said, "Woah the wind is intense and I think it's starting to rain."

"It's a bad storm. Can't Pengu control it?" asked Namaari

"Technically, he can control the rain." replied Raya. 

"I think we should go to Dakari. He's probably lonely." said Namaari.

"Um...why are you concerned about him?" asked Raya slowly and rolling her eyes.

Namaari raised a brow and said, "Raya, is he not our friend?"

Raya sighed and then remembered what Pengu had told her, "And when you feel any jealousy setting in, remember how much Namaari loves you. Don't focus on the hypothetical scenarios in your mind, focus on the reality."

"I'm sorry Namaari it's just...I kinda envy him." 

"I know but you have no need to. You know I'm only in love with you. And he's OUR friend who wants to see us being able to be with each other without any hurdles." said Namaari as she caressed Raya's left cheek.

Raya smiled at her and said, "You're right, I'm sorry."

Namaari hugged her and said, "Let's go."

They went out to the front of the palace. It had begun raining very heavily but thanks to the geological location of Heart, it was not being submerged. Several trees were downed most persons were indoors. Dakari sat with the general and they were talking. When General Atitaya saw them approaching, she had a look of disgust on her face then said, "Why is your soon-to-be wife spending so much time without you?"

"She's not my... uh- I um...I'm fine with it...besides, they're good friends." replied Dakari, almost spilling the secret that he's not romantically intertwined with Namaari as she thinks.

"Well, you need more time with Princess Namaari. I'm sure Raya has duties here to handle as future Chief." said the general.

When Raya saw her with Dakari, she stopped and said, "Can we turn back?"

"Why?" asked Namaari before glancing then realizing the General was there, "Oh... Hmm...as a matter of fact, she'll be delighted to see me."

Namaari smirked and Raya couldn't understand why.

"Well I'll stay here." said Raya.

Namaari nodded and said, "Alright."

"Good evening, I'd like to speak with Prince Dakari." said Namaari when she approached.

"All yours..." said Atitaya in a low, casual tone before getting up and walking away.

"Hey Namaari, you slept for like...hours...it's probably late evening now and the storm is enhancing the time." said Dakari.

Namaari sat next to him and motioned Raya to join.

"Yeah. And I feel so well rested." replied Namaari.

Dakari greeted Raya with a handshake and said, "Hello, beautiful. How are you?"

Raya slightly cringed when she Dakari called her beautiful but her expression quickly changed and she said, "Feeling great."

"Lovely. So we have an imminent matter at hand. About you two coming out to Chief Virana, what's the plan?" asked Dakari.

"Well..." begun Raya, "One of the dragons, Pengu has volunteered to help us and I think Sisu will be there too. And my father will aid in us coming out to her and getting her to change her mind about you and Namaari. But the thing is, she suspects something and that's why she brought you into the picture so I'm kinda scared that we'll be adding fuel to the fire."

"So when we executing this?" asked Dakari

"Tomorrow." replied Raya.

"Do you guys think that this storm will be over anytime soon? And...this is actually the first I've seen such a violent storm" said Namaari looking outside of the trees swaying in the intense wind and rain.

"I hope so...but it might even delay us going to Fang." said Raya.

"Or anywhere else for that matter." added Namaari.

"For now, let's just go to dinner and relax" said Dakari.

"Yeah I agree." said Raya.

So they all went to have dinner and everything went smoothly except that the storm was getting more intense. Chief Benja went to one of the closed transparent windows and said, "This is quite serious. We've never had a storm this bad."

"Yeah, but they're generally over within a few hours. But we're safe here." Replied a servant.

"I hope it isn't too extensive in Kumandra. It will negatively impact...well.. Everything." Said the general.

"Let's wait it off. It's quite dark and cold. We should rest" said Benja.

It was approaching night but looked much later because of the thunderstorm. Raya, Namaari and Dakari went to a separate, smaller table and they mainly had casual conversations and played board games.

"In this round, I'll whoop your ass!" Said Raya to Namaari with a smirk.

"Ugh I know you won't. I'm the best at it. 4 times in a row!" Exclaimed Namaari, causing Raya to flip her hair and fold her arms.

"Looking so-" Namaari was interrupted by a loud knock. They all faced the window and it was Sisu. She was wet, cold and messy and Raya quickly went to open a window, welcoming her .

She then turned to human and then said, "P- Pengu... He's not okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think happened to Pengu? More soon!