Part 36 - Big Day (part I)

"All eyes will be with you, your majesty." explained one of the servants, Alea.

"That's going to make me uncomfortable." said Raya with a nervous laugh.

"I know but focus your gaze on your wife and not the congregation. It'll be your moment."

"I'll try...but why do I have to spend the next 2 days in torture?"

"You have quite a bit to know. We'll have to rehearse everything. The flower girls, bridesmaids and ring bearer will be arriving later or tomorrow so we'll begin by then. And be prepared for some glass heels."

"WAIITTT Woah woah... WHAT? HEELS?" exclaimed Raya.

"Yes Princess. 6 inch stilettos too!"

"THERE IS NO WAY I WILL WALK IN THOSE!"

Alea laughed and said, "I'm just teasing your majesty, you'll wear flats and since you'll have a 10 foot trail, there's no need for heels." 

"Why do I need such a long trail?"

"It's your WEDDING! You SHOULD be flawless and extravaganza!" expressed Alea.

Raya smiled and said, "Okay fine. So when do I get to see the dress?"

"You won't see anything whatsoever until you're dressed and ready. But I know for a fact that you'll love it."

"I guess so. I can't wait."

"Well you'll have to. But it'll be worth it." 

"RAYA!" yelled Sisu as she approached her.

Raya went to Sisu, who was in her human form and hugged her.

"I heard the news! And I am beyond excited for you! My little Raya will be a wife in just 2 days!"

Sisu fake cried and Raya thought it was cute, "Thank you so much Sisu!"

"You're definite welcome! But why you seem sad?"

"Oh uh...I just really miss her." said Raya with a sigh.

Sisu raised a brow and smirked. "Well well well... somebody is desperate to see her wife."

Raya blushed. "She's not yet my wife. We're still girlfriends."

"You will be in 48 hours though. Wait uh..." said Alea.

She cleared Raya's hair from her neck then when Raya realized, she immediately backed away and pursed her lips in embarrassment. 

"Are those...hickeys?" asked Alea.

Raya pursed her lips even harder to the question and sharply inhaled before saying, "Let's not talk about this."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of Raya. This is what lovers do." said Alea, hoping to make her more comfortable.

"Yeah but uh...I um...I need to go..."

She left to her room and breathed a sigh of relief after closing the door. She went in front her mirror and realized how intense the hickey was. It was crimson red and if not covered properly, anyone would easily spot it. the burning sensation was minimal but she needed something to cover it. She thought for a moment. Makeup? But she doesn't wear makeup...who does? Maybe Namaari? but would something as trivial as that be a good reason to travel all the way to Fang? Nope.

She didn't want to ruin Namaari's style but she had to brush through her hair and ensure that it blocked the hickey to prevent attention. Afterwards, went to the garden and saw Pranee and Pengu. They were delighted to see her and she bowed to them and smiled.