Part 14 - Suspicions

Raya was startled at the voice of Virana and she immediately pulled away from Namaari. They were both in shock and felt as though there's no going around the truth. They avoided eye contact with Virana and she said, "May I have an explanation? Because maybe I'm just being an overthinker."

Namaari bit her lips then said, "W-we were just doing a goodbye hug, mother. I mean, we won't see each other for a while."

She wasn't really lying this time around. They were in fact embracing because they won't see each other for a quite some time and would terribly miss each other.

"Listen princesses. I don't wanna come off negative at all. But please don't do...whatever you just did in such a way again. People might assume wrongly about you. And I'm sure you don't want rumors being spread." explained Virana.

Namaari sighed in relief that Virana wasn't thinking of them as a couple in that moment. She knew that her mother was suspicious though...

"Yes we understand chief." said Raya.

As Namaari got her stuff together with the help of her mother and Raya but there was uncomfortable silence right through and at times, the princesses exchanged neutral glances. Raya felt a void inside her as it got closer to Namaari's departure. After packing, Virana said, "Alright so we're ready to go. Thank you for your help, Raya."

"My pleasure Chief." replied Raya in a sad tone as she avoided eye contact with Virana. Namaari knew why she had such expression because that is the same way that she felt.

"Is everything alright dear?" asked Virana, a concerned expression on her face.

"Yeah I'm well." replied Raya in a fake-happy voice.

"Alright. Now, you can say your final goodbye. Thank you for making Namaari feel quite at home and making us feel so accommodated." Virana shook Raya's hand and Raya smiled at her and bowed.

Virana left and Raya and Namaari stared at each other in silence for a few seconds before Raya begun crying lightly. They both embraced and Namaari said, "I'm really gonna miss you dep la."

"I will more..."replied Raya between gasps.

Namaari gave Raya a final passionate kiss on her lips and said, "You'll be on my mind all day, everyday dep la."

"Same."

They let go of each other then went out to go to the front of the palace. 

"Hello Dewdrop, Namaari..." Said Chief Benja with a smile and his hands crossed behind his back.

Raya greeted her father and he could sense the deep sadness inside of her that lurks behind the smile.

"It was an absolute pleasure having you here and I really anticipate another visit here."

"When's the closest time?" asked Namaari out of curiosity.

"Hmm...I'm not sure." said Benja.

"And back at Fang, quite a bit of duties await us, my mist." added Virana.

Namaari's and Raya's sadness only intensified. Chief Benja was aware of the slight tension between the princesses but Virana wasn't. Namaari also knew her mother wouldn't support her one bit if she's to be with Raya. It's not because she didn't like Raya, but maybe because she doesn't support LGBTQ+. Raya and Namaari said a final goodbye as they departed.

General Atitaya then swiftly held onto Namaari's hand and said cheerfully, "Princess, your mother and I have an AMAZING surprise for you back at Fang! Better than anyone!" It was almost as if the General, being petty, wanted Raya to be suspicious of something that she did. It did work and the Heart princess' sadness turned to anger as she gazed at the general with her hands folded.

"Dew drop, let's get back inside the palace." said Chief Benja. He noticed the hatred in her eyes and he lead her away from outside the palace and back inside. She sighed and said, "Ba, is there anything that I need to accomplish?"

"Nothing heavy. We're mainly in a planning phase and you need to rest either way."

"Mhm..." Raya walked away to her room where she had a breakdown. She softly cried, clutching one of her pillows. She NEEDED Namaari to be with her. And who knows what that general is up to? What surprise is she talking about? It can't be anything that Raya would be okay with. Their moments of hatred, tension and pettiness were the assurances. 

"Oh Namaari...I miss you so much..." said Raya softly as she closed her eyes and thought about the moments that she had with Namaari. It was so excruciating to not have her by her side. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock. She quickly dried her eyes and went to open the door. It was Sisu! And in human form.

"Raya!" expressed Sisu as she hugged the princess. That hug helped Raya so much to feel more relaxed. She didn't know she needed it. "Boy am I happy to see you! Is everything okay?"

Raya's smile metamorphosed to a frown and she sighed and said, "I really miss Namaari..."

"Wow...she left like 10 minutes ago...damn Raya..." Sisu wanted to come off as a bit jovial but that moment wasn't the best time. Raya didn't respond to her comment and just sat at the edge of her bed.

"Tell me what happened Raya..." said Sisu in a more sympathetic tone.

"We admitted our feelings and sorta did...you know...and we al-"

" Wait...did what?" asked Sisu with a smirk, interrupting Raya. 

Raya blushed and said, "We were just kinda...um romantic."

"Is it the innocent romantic or the romantic where if she was a male, you'd risk being pregnant?"

"SISU!!!" yelled Raya.

Sisu chuckled to herself and said, "S-sorry Raya. Just teasing."

Raya exhaled loudly and said, "It didn't reach that point."

Raya most definitely didn't want to go into details and hoped her furry friend wasn't going to ask about any more of what they did. Fortunately, she didn't. Raya expressed how much their bond has strengthened and also mentioned the negative emotions she felt about the general which got Sisu concerned.

"So...she saw you two cuddled and has been...hateful towards you?"

"Yeah...and who knows what's her next move to try and break Namaari away from me..." expressed Raya.

"Hey, don't worry Raya. I'm sure things may not be as bad as you think. But for now, try to be happy. You'll see Namaari again soon. And she loves you beyond anything. Nothing will come between you." said Sisu, hoping to cheer up Raya. A slight smile appeared on Raya's face and she said, "You're right, I'll try to be a bit more uplifted."

"Wonderful!" said Sisu, "Oh and I think some of the younger warriors of Kumandra want lessons from you."

"Aww that's great, I'm delighted. Let's go to the arena then." said Raya as she got up. She definitely needed the distraction. When one has too much time doing nothing, that's when those negative thoughts, emotions and overthinking sets in. Being occupied is the only escape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone! I trust and hope that you enjoyed this chapter! What could that Atitaya be up to? More on the way <3