one: you want a what?

Pre-hiatus

"Louis just get off me for two seconds, I'm trying to talk to you for real." I say with a sigh as Louis just continues to kiss my neck and while I'm enjoying it, I've been trying to explain to him that I'm pregnant with our child.

"Come on, we never get the bus to ourselves, and you're finally feeling better after being sick recently, I'm just trying to make up for lost time." Louis says softly. I cave to his words, I can tell him later when we're not making out and my body isn't going crazy wanting him to just fuck me.

I don't end up telling him tonight that I'm pregnant, and then shit hits the fan when Liam says he wants to go on a break.

"Liam, mate, you're joking right? We are about to release an album, and you want to do this?" Louis says running his fingers through his hair.
"I just want to take some time to think, I need some freedom to find myself outside of One Direction." Liam says. And suddenly I'm deciding that I might like this idea.

"How long?" Niall asks with a sigh. Liam just shrugs and Louis looks to me, and when I just shrug he gets annoyed.
"Am I the only one against this, because that's how it feels." Louis says. Niall just shakes his head and I stare at my fingers.

"Look Lou, you have your life things to deal with too, it's not just about getting a break from touring, it's figuring out our lives." Liam says. Louis scoffs and I decide not to chime in right now.
"I know I know, I have a kid on the way, but come on how would I know that one drunken mistake would lead to that?" Louis says.

Suddenly I'm realizing the fact that I'm not the only one carrying Louis' child and part of me decides that I'll be better off just keeping this to myself for the time being.

"Maybe a break wouldn't be so bad, we take a year or two off from touring and then come back with more ideas and a better grip on life." I say. Louis just lets out a dramatic sigh and Niall just shrugs.

"Fine, but I need time to think so don't blow up my phone asking me what I'm doing." Louis says. We all nod and then he leaves the room and Niall and Liam both look at me.

"Did you tell him?" Niall asks. I shake my head and he sighs and grabs my hand.
"Maybe it's better I don't, take the hiatus as time to figure out what I want, I'm not going to try and force him to commit to a relationship just because I'm pregnant." I say. Liam nods and pats my back and glances at Niall.

"He's just nervous he won't be successful on his own." Liam says. I nod and glance at my hands as I contemplate those thoughts myself.
"He will be, once he figures out his shit. But for now we just need to give him space and decide what to do." I say. They both nod and then I stand up and leave the room, heading downstairs so I can go back to the hotel.

Louis catches me on the way out, grabbing my wrist and tugging me into the empty conference room on the main floor.

"You don't have to say anything right now, but you can't think this is what's best for us?" Louis says. I just shrug and step back.
"I need space from this life Louis, I need space from everything in order to grow. You should get that." I say. Louis just shrugs and I can tell he's hurt.

"So we're done then, for good this time?" Louis asks with a frown. I nod and give him a soft kiss.
"Not for good for good, I always come back to you and you know that." I say. Louis smiles and gives me another kiss and then I walk out to the car waiting for me.

When I get to the hotel I text my mum and sister and they support my decision, happily accepting me to move back home and raise this little boy.

. . . . . . . .

6 months into hiatus

"Harry you're so close, he's almost here." My mum says with a big grin as I try and regain my breathing.
"Come on Harry, one more big push and he's out." My doctor says. I take a deep breath in and then push with all I have as I focus on my son and less on how much pain I'm in.

The room fills with his screams as soon as he's out and I relax instantly from the sound as my mum and Gemma freak out over how cute he is.

But suddenly I'm wishing Louis was here for this moment, seeing his son being born.

They place him on my chest and I tune out everything they're doing to me and focus on the baby laying on my chest.
"Hey there baby, I know you're mad you left your warm home, but there's people who would rather you be out here." I say softly as I run my finger over his forehead and he starts calming down.

"What's his name?" My doctor asks once she's done with whatever she was doing to my ass and stomach.
"Dakota William Styles." I say softly. My mum grins and gives me a kiss on the forehead and Gemma takes a million pictures of him.

"Baby Dakota, looking just like you as a baby Harry." My mum says. I nod and kiss his forehead and he snuggles into my chest in a content type of way.

After everyone has left my mum helps me feel somewhat normal and walks me through some of the basics of dealing with a cranky baby. Gemma stays the night, helping me through the night when I realize that I have stitches and it hurts to stand for longer than getting to the bathroom to piss.

The next morning I feel better after I can wash off, and Niall and Liam come in with balloons and I smile at them and hand them Dakota.
"He's so cute H, and I love the name." Liam says giving me a hug. I thank him and watch as Niall dances around the room with Dakota asleep in his arms.

"Did you tell him?" Niall asks. I shake my head and he hands Liam Dakota and then sits on the bed and gives me a hug.
"I'll support you no matter what, gotta be a good uncle to my new friend." Niall says with a smile. I nod and thank him and then watch as Liam freaks out when Dakota starts screaming.

I happily take him and Gemma hands me a bottle and I give it to him and he calms down instantly.

And for the time being I thought my world was perfect.