twenty-seven: driving me up a wall

When we finally get to bring Dallas and Finn home Louis and I are both so excited that we don't even acknowledge the fact that we're sleep deprived beyond belief.

And when we get home and the boys are fighting about who gets to hold the babies first, we both just exchange a happy smile because thank god the boys are happy to have their brothers home.

"Daddy! I've missed you so much!" Dakota screams, thus waking up both Dallas and Finn who were sleeping peacefully before that. But I don't even focus on the two babies who are beginning to cry, and I instead focus my attention on the five year old who is reaching for me.

I grab Dakota and wave off Louis when he says to be careful, and Dakota squeezes my neck tightly and gives me a big kiss on the cheek and I think I've died and gone to heaven because there's no way I deserve the love that kids show.

I glance at Louis and see that Freddie is in his arms and already falling asleep, and I look to Niall who tells me the boys have been up since 6 am. Dakota yawns and then hears Dallas cry and he squirms out of my arms and runs off to wash his hands so he can hold him.

I grab Dallas and set up some pillows for Dakota and Louis sits on the couch with Freddie curled up into him fast asleep.

Dakota comes running back in and sits on the couch and I place Dallas in his arms and then grab Finn when he begins to cry too.

"Daddy, he looks like me and Freddie did when we were babies." Dakota points out, lightly touching his hat that he has on and then kissing his forehead.

Louis and I told the boys to avoid touching and kissing their faces for the first week or so, and thankfully they both seem to understand. A kiss on the forehead is what we told them to do to show the babies they loved them.

"Dad, Freddie stayed up all night asking for you." Dakota says, followed by an eye roll and a yawn. Louis hums and he looks on the verge of sleep already.

"Why don't you guys go take a nap, Niall is here if I need something and Dakota is handling Dallas ok for now." I say. Louis seems reluctant but nods and gets up and carries Freddie upstairs and once I hear the door shut I hand Finn to Niall and make two bottles.

Dakota taps out once I come back and Niall puts him down for a nap and I feed both babies and then they fall asleep after I burp them so I put them each in their bassinets we have downstairs and I snap a picture of both of them and post them on my Instagram story.

"So that was easy." Niall says. I sigh and nod, sitting down next to him and letting out a yawn.
"Thank you for watching the boys. I hope they didn't make you and Liam second guess having more kids." I say. Niall shrugs and opens his photos app and shows me a picture of Bear, Freddie, and Dakota who are each dressed as a different superhero and sitting outside eating a snack.

"If anything it made us realize how much we want to give Bear a sibling." Niall says. I nod and have him send me that picture and then I show him one of Louis giving Finn his first bath.

"Trust me, seeing Liam with a newborn will make you want to have a million babies with him." I say. Niall nods and grabs Dallas when he begins to whine.
"We've been talking about having kids, I think we're both just ready to have one right now, not sure I want to wait 9 months. Plus, we both want Bear to have a sibling close to his age like Dakota and Freddie." Niall says. I nod and I know he's talking about adopting a kid, and I respect what he's saying because waiting nine months is honestly the worst part about having kids.

"Don't tell Louis yet, but Liam and I have been in the process of adopting a little boy from Ireland. He's only a few months younger than Bear, and he's a total cutie. Liam and I both want a baby, but we also want to give Bear a sibling he's close in age with so we focused on adoption first." Niall says. I try not to freak out in excitement, but it's hard not to when your best friend tells you he's about to be a dad again.

"And we both agreed that after this year and reuniting one direction we're going to try for a baby, that way we accomplish all of our goals." Niall says. I nod and give him a hug and take Dallas from him when his phone rings.

When he comes back he says that Liam needs help with Bear at home so he tells me goodbye after offering me help, and then he goes home. After that I lay down on the couch and put the babies right next to me in their bassinets and then fall asleep, dreaming of peace and quiet.

When I wake up both babies are screaming and the boys are running around chasing each other arguing about what they want for dinner.

I stand up and follow the sound of crying babies to the kitchen where Louis is bouncing Dallas in his bouncer in the counter, and he's bouncing Finn in his arms, while also making food for everyone.

"Lou you could've woke me up." I say softly, taking Finn and rocking him to sleep.
"I know, but it wasn't chaos when I came down. They just started freaking out like right as you woke up." Louis says. I nod and grab his wrist to stop his movements and give him a soft kiss.

"Boys! Stop running around screaming and go get cleaned up for dinner." I say earning nods from both Dakota and Freddie and I watch them run up the stairs and then Louis let's out a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to feed the babies. You finish what you're doing and let me know when dinner is done." I say earning a nod from Louis and he gives me a kiss and then I take both babies to the living room and I start feeding them their bottles.

When I don't hear the boys for a while I have Louis watch the twins after he says dinner is done and then I go upstairs to find the crazy boys.

When I find them the bathroom is covered in water and they're both soaking wet and arguing with each other.

"What are you doing?" I ask causing both of them to jump. They turn to me and just stare as I pick them up and place them in their room.
"Go change into pajamas and then one of you go eat and the other has to stay and tell me what happened. And no arguing or you're both cleaning this up without my help." I say.

They both nod and do as I said and I clean up the water with towels and then put the towels in their hamper in the bathroom.

Dakota runs downstairs and Freddie comes over and I pick him up and sit him on the counter.
"Daddy I'm sorry. Dakota splashed me and I got mad and splashed him back and then we kept doing it until you came in." Freddie says softly. I nod and pick him up and he wraps his arms around my neck and apologizes again and I tell him it's fine, and to next time just ignore the water.

I then go downstairs and Dakota is already almost done his first plate of spaghetti so I sit Freddie down next to me and I tell Dakota to go to their room when he's done.

He cleans his plate off and runs upstairs and Louis shakes his head.
"Freddie told me what happened. And I believe him because he was on the verge of tears. Dakota has been crazy today so I'm letting him relax in the bedroom and then I'll go talk to him." I say. Louis nods and turns the conversation to ask Freddie about wrestling and ballet.

After we're all done Freddie helps us clean up and then joins Louis on the couch with Finn and I take Dallas with me to go upstairs and talk to Dakota.

When I get up there he's fast asleep in his bed and I kiss his forehead and turn on his sound machine and then walk out of the room and then go into our room and change into pajamas and then go downstairs and Louis takes Dallas from me.

"He's out too?" I say when I spot Freddie fast asleep in the recliner. Louis nods and points to Finn who is also fast asleep, in his bassinet down here.

Louis and I both decide to go to bed once it hits 9 pm and I take Freddie up and Louis brings both babies up.

Once all the boys are put to bed I walk into the bedroom and Louis is laying in bed naked and is drifting to sleep.
"Are you going to sleep naked now since you're no longer pregnant?" Louis asks. He has a glint in his eyes and I know the idea of it is making him excited. He's a literal horny teenager at all times and ages.

"Maybe, I want to start working out as soon as I'm cleared." I say. Louis hums and I see him still staring at me so I sigh and take my clothes off and he sits up in bed and as soon as I'm laying down he gives me a soft kiss.
"You look stunning. Remember that." Louis says softly. I hum and Louis pulls me against him and we fall asleep with his hands on my ass and my nose burried in his neck.