twenty-eight: happily

"Lou, can you get him please? I just fell asleep." I say with a sigh following when I don't get a reply. I pat the bed and realize that Louis isn't in bed and then I hear Dallas stop crying and I close my eyes to fall back asleep.

I had just gotten to sleep less than an hour ago after having to get up with Dakota who woke up screaming from a bad dream.

He's now sleeping in our bed, his face pressed into my neck and he has his arms wrapped around my neck loosely.

I hear a door open and then I see Louis climb into bed and he has Dallas in his arms. I reach a hand out and run my fingers through his hair and he blows me a kiss since the boys are separating us.

"I'm glad he's sleeping, you should be too." Louis says. I nod and leave my hand entangled in his hair and drift to sleep.

The next time I wake up it's to the sounds of giggles and Louis cursing.

I open my eyes and Dakota is still asleep with his arms wrapped around my neck and I stand up and get him with me and he stays asleep while I check the babies room, despite the fact that I hear Freddie talking to them downstairs, and then I go down to the kitchen and Louis gives me a kiss and then hands me Finn once I lay Dakota on the couch.

"Freddie don't even think about it." Louis says when he sees Freddie heading over towards the couch, with the clear intention of waking up Dakota.
"But I want to play." Freddie pouts. Louis shakes his head and Freddie sighs and sits down at the table to continue coloring while Dakota sleeps.

"So, the babies only woke up once, that's a new record." I say softly. Louis nods and gives me a kiss and glances at Dallas who is playing with his toes.
"They turn three months and decide to finally sleep through the night for the most part." Louis says. I nod and give him another kiss and he runs his fingers through my curls and then pulls away when Dakota starts whining.

I glance over and see Freddie standing by him with a pillow in his hand and Dakota is complaining about something and then he's puking on Freddie's feet and the floor.

"Karma is a bitch." Louis mumbles and takes Finn from me so I can grab Freddie who is trying not to gag and I take him to the bath tub and then take Dakota and he sleeps in my arms. I thank Louis when he cleans up the puke and Freddie resumes his coloring once he's cleaned off.

Dakota stays asleep and sits in my lap asleep while I eat and then he wakes up and apologizes for getting sick and apologizes to Freddie for puking on him. We all tell him it's fine and after seeing he doesn't have a fever I assume he probably just got an upset stomach from something and I give him some soup.

After he's done eating him and Freddie lay on the couch and watch movies and Louis and I take the babies three month pictures and then join the boys on the couch after putting the babies down for their nap.

"Are you boys excited for school tomorrow?" I ask earning sighs from Dakota and Freddie.
"Sure." Dakota mumbles, not breaking his gaze from the tv.
"Aren't you having a party for someone's birthday?" I ask earning another sigh from Freddie when he comes over to lay in Louis' lap.

"We don't like the boy who's party it is." Louis says. I nod my head and Dakota comes over and lays in between my thighs and plays with my fingers while he watches tv.
"Can we get a puppy?" Freddie asks, still staring right at the tv and not glancing at us.

"Boys you know we told you that you can't have a puppy already." I say earning a huff from Freddie.
"Bear has two puppies." Freddie says and Louis just shakes his head and signals that there's no point in trying to explain to a five year old why he can't have a puppy just because he wants one.