twenty-four: it'll be okay

"Louis did you call the school?" I ask from the shower when I hear someone come into the room. When I don't get a response I just sigh and continue with my shower and then jump when I see Freddie standing in the bathroom.

"Daddy I don't feel good." Freddie says followed by him puking in the toilet, thankfully, and I quickly rinse my hair out and shut off the shower and speed dry off and then rub Freddie's back when he starts getting sick again.

"Where's dad at? Did you see him?" I ask softly. Freddie shrugs and I carry him into our room and lay him down and then slide on some boxers and one of Louis' shirts and then carry Freddie downstairs when I hear Dakota crying.

"Lou what have you been doing?" I ask when I get to the kitchen and then I try not to laugh when I see he's covered in pancake batter.
"Dakota is crying because he spilled the batter literally all over me. How that happens I don't know." Louis sighs and then he takes his shirt and pajama bottoms off and I hand him Freddie and take his clothes into the laundry room.

I come back out and pick up Dakota who is still apologizing and freaking out.

"Calm down baby, dad is fine and he's not mad." I say softly and run my fingers through his hair. He calms down when he sees Louis nod and he rests his head on my shoulder and begs for some Tylenol because his leg is hurting.

"Did you call the school already?" I ask Louis who is taking Freddie's temperature and trying to make more pancakes for us.
"Not yet, did he puke?" Louis asks, sighing when I nod.

"Yeah he did but he did it in the toilet so we're good." I say and Louis nods and tosses me his phone and I call the school while sitting Dakota back in his wheelchair.

"Hi this is Harry Styles, I'm calling for Freddie and Dakota Styles. Freddie is going to be out with the flu today and Dakota will be out due to breaking his leg yesterday." I say into the phone. The lady from the front desk thanks me and then I hang up and sit Louis' phone on the counter.

"I'm going to put Freddie in the bath while you guys finish breakfast. He's obviously not going to eat so just put my plate in the microwave please." I say earning a nod from Louis and he gives me a soft kiss and then goes back to making food for everyone.

I then go into the boys' bathroom and fill the tub with warm water and I put some of the vapor stuff in since Freddie sounds stuffy.

"Daddy, you getting in too?" Freddie asks softly. I go to shake my head but then nod and go get my swim trunks and then sit in the tub and Freddie lays against my chest and we stay like this for a while.

When the water gets cold I stand up and wrap Freddie in a towel and then dry myself off and take my trunks off and put boxers and a pair of joggers on and put Louis' T-shirt back on.

I take Freddie into the boys' room and put him in some under wear and then a pair of pajamas and he insists on some fuzzy socks.

I carry him downstairs and he lays on the couch and talks to Dakota who is watching iron man 1 on the tv.

Louis hands me a plate of pancakes and I give him a kiss and he stands in my arms after I sit the plate down at the island.

I close my eyes and hold him close as we both relax and enjoy the peace and quiet that we have for a few moments.

"Since Freddie is sick I guess he's not going to footie so we have the rest of the day free. Anything we need to do for these babies?" Louis asks softly and runs his hand over my bump, grinning when one of them kicks his hand.

"Well we still need names." I say earning a nod from Louis and he sighs when he hears whining. But we both pause when no one makes any noise for a while after so we assume they're both fine.