thirteen: my rock through the good and bad moments

"You did not tell me you guys were coming out." Niall says into the phone the following morning after Louis posted on his Instagram story. I just shrug as I get out of bed and walk off to the boys' room when I hear them talking.

"Louis has been talking about it, I was just waiting for when he was ready. My management has been asking me to announce it so I can get out of my pr stunts so they're very happy right now." I say earning a smile from Niall. Bear comes running over and begs Niall to come with him to see something so Niall hangs up on me and I go into the boys' room.

"Daddy, Freddie needs new jammies." Dakota says, pointing to Freddie who is wearing a pair of Dakota's pajamas. Even though the boys are super close in age Freddie is a little bit taller than Dakota and it shows in the clothes they wear. I shake my head and walk over and check the tag, frowning when I realize this is Freddie's size.

"We can get some new ones today when we go out. How about you guys go potty and get dressed for the day and then we can talk about it?" I say. They both nod and run off and I go into the room where Louis is fast asleep still. I shut the door and walk over to the bed, straddling Louis and leaning down to give him a kiss.

Louis stirs in his sleep and his eyes flutter open and I take a picture, sharing it to my Instagram story with the same caption Louis put on his earlier.

"Good morning to you too." Louis says. I hum and lean down and give him another kiss, pouting when the boys come running in and I have to climb off him.

"Dad we're getting new jammies!" Freddie says excitedly, climbing up and sitting in Louis' lap, and I'm suddenly aware that he must've slipped boxers on at some point during the night. Dakota climbs up and sits in my lap and relaxes as I run my fingers through his curls.

"Freddie can you go get your shoes while I change?" Louis asks. Freddie nods excitedly, giving Louis a kiss on the cheek and then running off. Dakota is now asleep in my lap and we both laugh and I just let him be while Louis gets dressed.

"I think we should tell him you're his dad, I know he's comfortable around you now and I think he'll react well." I say. Louis grins and nods his head, giving me a kiss and smiling at Dakota who is snoring a little.

"I'd love that. Also I think we're going to be asked to go on a show at some point to talk about our relationship." Louis says. I nod and just shrug and continue to play with Dakota's curls even when I stand up and start carrying him through the house.

"Yeah I figured. Maybe we can just rip the bandaid off and do all the gossip at once." I say earning a nod from Louis. He grabs Freddie when he runs towards him and we get into the car when our driver and bodyguards get here.

When we get to the mall it's a little crazy but Dakota doesn't even wake up, and Freddie just stays holding Louis and I's hands while we walk through the mall.

We get into the children's place and Freddie leads Louis to the 'jammie section' and I grab some more school uniform shirts and shorts for the boys.

Dakota wakes up on the way out when girls start screaming and he freaks out for a second and then realizes I'm holding him and he relaxes and then climbs down when he hears Freddie talking about his new pajamas.

We stop in at a toy store and a candy store on the way out and Dakota and Freddie hold hands through the mall through the crowds.

When we leave and are in the car the boys are talking non stop and Louis places his hand on my thigh for the car ride.

When we get home Freddie goes down for a nap since he fell asleep in the car and Dakota sits in my lap while we watch tv.

"Dakota baby, you know how Freddie has a mommy and a daddy, and how Bear has two daddies and a mommy?" I say softly as Louis just kind of sits next to us nervously.
"Yeah, but Bear and Freddie not see their mommies." Dakota reminds me. I nod and stop running my fingers through his curls causing him to look at me.