eight: make it public

"So you two are back together then?" Niall asks over FaceTime as I pack up some of Dakota and Freddie's toys from the hotel room.
"I mean not exactly, we haven't really talked about it much. The boys have been very mischievous together and we've been busy with them." I say. Niall hums and I hear him say something to Bear followed by a thud and Bear crying.

"Give me a second." Niall says. I prop him up on the tv as I do another sweep of the room and see that I got everything.
"So what about the whole 'who's the little kid on stage with Harry Styles' thing?" Niall asks coming back into view with Bear in his arms.

I wave at Bear and he waves back and then rests his head on Niall's shoulder.

"I need to talk it through with management. They don't care what I do, but they want me to say something. Do you think it would be a good idea to announce he's my son?" I ask. Niall just shrugs and runs his fingers through Bear's hair.

"If that's what you think is best then sure, he's older now and understands more. It won't be long until he's wondering why there's cameras everywhere or why he can't go to public school." Niall says. I nod and let out a sigh as I finish putting everything into bags.

"I'll talk it through with Louis, but I kind of want to just come out from my bubble and announce it to the world. Freddie has a public life and he's fine, and so is Bear." I say. Niall nods and then sighs softly.
"Don't you think fans will make connections? I mean he's literally Freddie's twin just with brunette hair and he's a little tanner. Fans already think that it was Freddie running on stage, what will they think when you show a picture of Dakota and it's a spitting image of Freddie and Louis?" Niall says. I just shrug and open the door when Louis knocks.

"I'll text you later, thanks for the advice." I say. Niall nods and says goodbye and then hangs up.

"Was that Niall?" Louis asks, grabbing one of the bags for me and following me out of the hotel.
"Yeah it was, I was talking to him about announcing Dakota being my son." I say softly. Louis nods and presses the button for the elevator.

"I think it would be a great idea. Everyone should see how adorable he is." Louis says. I nod and bite my lip as I think of what Niall said.
"Do you think fans will think you're the dad? He looks just like Freddie and you." I say. Louis just shrugs and leads me off the elevator to the car.

"What does it matter? He's our son, yes, but it's no body's business but us and those around us." Louis says. He puts the bags in the car and I get into the back with Freddie and Dakota.

"Ok I'll talk to my management about a post, I'm sure they won't mind though. They have been trying to get me to announce it since I had him." I say. Louis nods and kisses my hand and then buckles up.

Mark drives us to the airport so we can fly to London and Freddie and Dakota run around the private waiting area while I discuss with my management on the phone about announcing Dakota is my son.

And they agree with me immediately, having no worries about fans making the connection on who the father is, and they tell me to post it whenever I want.

After I get off the phone I find a picture of me and Dakota from Christmas in our matching jammies and he's squeezing my face and making a fish face at me. I post it with a long caption and then turn off comments and pocket my phone.

"The world knows now." I say with a sigh as we board the plane. Louis kisses me softly and then takes his seat next to Freddie.
"Good, the whole world should see how cute he is." Louis says. I nod and buckle Dakota into his seat and he holds my hand as he babbles to Freddie about airplanes and superheroes.

. . . . . . . . .

Breaking News!

Harry Styles is a father?

You read that right folks, Harry Styles is a dad! And he has been for years apparently.

Earlier today Styles, who is on his first world tour currently in Europe, posted an adorable picture of him and a little boy wearing matching Christmas pajamas and the little boy is squeezing the singers face and making a fish face at him. He then followed the post with a long caption.

'Anyone who is close to me knows who this is, but I've been keeping him a secret to keep him and his personality all to myself. This is my son Dakota Styles, I had him almost four years ago on May 12th, and he is easily the best thing to happen in my life. He is kind hearted and well mannered, and he's my best friend in the world. I know that this is a big shock to my fans who are very invested in my life, but just know that I kept him to myself to protect him from this crazy world. He's my tour buddy, and I'm sure whoever went to my Ireland show saw him run on stage with his friend. He's amazing, and I hope you all understand why I kept him to myself.'

Styles turned comments off on the picture, but it did not stop fans from going on Twitter and trying, and failing, to find more pictures of the little cutie. All his fans are supporting him on his decision, and the one question they all want to know is who's the dad, and who is the little blonde boy who ran on stage with him that just happened to resemble Freddie Tomlinson?