twenty: mental break(down)

"Just calm down, he'll be back in a few hours H." Niall says with a sigh as he chases Bear and Dakota around the living room. I'm sitting on the couch watching, while also having some anxiety issues because I haven't seen Louis in almost a full 48 hours, my body is aching all over and I'm itchy and getting easily mad at the boys.

Freddie comes down the stairs holding his teddy bear in one hand and he has his blanket in the other. He climbs into my lap and rests his head against my chest and let's out puffs of air as he watches Dakota and Bear.

"You feeling ok buddy?" I ask softly after noticing how hot Freddie feels against my bare chest. Freddie shrugs and nuzzles his face into my chest. He sneezes and snot goes everywhere and I try not to gag but it doesn't help when Niall starts gagging.

"Get me some tissues and a wash cloth." I say calmly earning a nod and sigh from Niall. He hands me the stuff and I clean up the snot mess and then Freddie starts coughing and it sounds terrible.
"On that note we're going to get going. That sounds like croup my friend." Niall says. I sigh and nod, thanking him for wearing out the boys and he says he'll see me tomorrow if Freddie is better.

Freddie's coughing becomes more frequent over the next hour and he doesn't let me put him down so I make him some soup while holding him, and he agrees to get down to eat once his food is ready. Dakota joins him and they talk a little bit when Freddie isn't coughing up his lungs.

After lunch they both go down for a nap, Freddie sleeping on the couch next to me and coughing in his sleep.

While he sleeps I take his temperature and try not to freak out when I see how high it is. I give him some Children's cold and flu when he wakes up and he remains on my lap until Louis gets home.

When I hear Louis unlocking the door it takes everything in me to not put Freddie to the side and latch onto Louis like a child.

"Hey babe, how's it been?" Louis asks as he comes in and tosses his two bags on the ground and sets his keys on the table.

And that's all it takes for me to start crying and breakdown from this weekend. Louis comes over after taking his shoes and jacket off and pulls me in for a hug after gently placing Freddie on the couch next to me.

"Calm down H, just talk it through with me." Louis says softly. I hum and nod my head, giving him a soft kiss and relaxing some while he runs his fingers through my hair.
"I'm just going through a lot of pregnancy symptoms and my body aches and itching has started. And I've been so annoyed with the symptoms that I've been short with the boys and getting mad at them over dumb stuff. And then Freddie came down and he's been sneezing and coughing like crazy and his fever keeps going up despite taking cough and flu." I say softly.

Louis hums and he looks worried, and I'm not sure if it's about me or Freddie or both.

"Why don't you go take a bath with Freddie? It'll help you both and I can keep an eye on Dakota." Louis says. I nod and stand up with his help and carry Freddie up to our bathroom.

Louis starts us a bath and calms Freddie down when he starts crying over the fact that he can't stop coughing. And Louis seems worried about him and I can tell he's trying to stay calm for Freddie's sake.

Freddie lays against my chest during the bath and both of us stay in here until it's cold and Freddie's coughing gets worse.

Louis takes the boys downstairs and I get changed into some comfortable clothes and go downstairs and help Louis get some soup heated up for Freddie.

Louis takes me aside when the boys are eating and let's out a shaky breath.

"I want to take him to the hospital to get some breathing treatments. The last time he got croup he stopped breathing and Briana and him were in the hospital for days." Louis says softly. I nod and pull him in for a hug and I know he needs my support for this even if I feel like shit.

"I'll come with you and call Niall to take Dakota, and don't argue because he's my son too now Lou and I want to be there for you when you're obviously scared." I say softly. Louis nods and gives me a soft kiss.

I call Niall and he comes over and gets Dakota and Louis and I take Freddie into the er.

When we get there it's busy and Louis puts his hood up and pulls me closer to him with Freddie in his other arm.

Freddie whines some when we sit in the waiting area saying he wants to lay down, and then he starts having a coughing fit and I stand up with him and take him outside for a few minutes to calm him down.

I take him back inside when I see a camera flash and Louis looks relieved when he sees us. Freddie cuddles into my chest and continues to cough and I just rub his back.

A doctor finally comes out after an hour of waiting and they check his vitals and instantly hook him up to oxygen and get him started on some antibiotics.

He starts to freak out when they put the mask on him but once Louis grabs him and lays on the hospital bed with him on his chest he calms down.

We're in the hospital for hours until his oxygen levels get to a normal range and remain that way for a few hours after they take him off the oxygen mask.

His coughing has improved a lot and his fever broke, but I know he's still feeling sick.

The doctors write him a prescription for a nebulizer and then he gets discharged. Louis signs the papers and fixes Freddie's beanie and hood when he hears that paps are here.

I hold Louis' hand and we walk out together and we get swarmed by paps immediately. I keep my grip on Louis' hand as he shoves through all the old guys flashing cameras and shouting questions.

One of the guys tries to grab Freddie's beanie and Louis loses his shit and shoves the guys camera and it falls to the ground and shatters. The guy looks at Louis looking pissed and Louis just keeps walking.

The guy tries to come after us and Louis hands me Freddie and unlocks the car and makes sure Freddie is in safely. He then turns to me and just looks at me and I know he's about to lose his shit on the guy that's screaming at the two of us and he's using offensive terms in hopes that he can get some sort of reaction from Louis.

And he does.

"Listen here you prick, don't bitch to me about your stupid ass camera when you tried to lay your hands on my child and you continued to follow and harass me and Harry. Leave us alone or for the love of god I'll throw that camera at you and send your ass to the ER. And if anyone is recording please show this pricks face and give an example of how not to act when you want to take pictures of human beings. I know that's hard to believe that Harry and I are normal fucking people with a sick kid and we're both sleep deprived and upset that our kids are separated when one of them is in pain. So acknowledge that we're human beings before you try and touch my child who is having a terrible night. And don't even try to sue me or accuse me of some bullshit when you came at us. You'll lose badly and I will not be upset about that." Louis finishes saying and then turns and helps me in the car and then gets in the drivers seat.

"I'm sorry, I just had to say something." Louis says. I nod and kiss his knuckles and he calms down and drives us home.
"I'm stopping to get Dakota. I've missed you all." Louis sighs. I nod and when he gets to Liam and Niall's Niall is talking about the video of Louis and how other celebrities are already sending support to us.

"Niall this is great, but Harry and I just pulled an all nighter in the ER and would very much like to just get our son and go home. We'll talk tomorrow ok?" Louis says. Niall nods and gets Dakota from Liam and says that he never went to sleep and just sat in the living room watching movies.

Dakota latches onto me as soon as I get him and I sit in the back with him in my lap for a few minutes and then put him in his car seat and get up front.

Louis drives home and the boys snuggle up in between Louis and I and fall asleep immediately and I get up and sit down in between Louis' legs and relax against him as he rubs his hands over my bump.

"I can't wait to meet them." Louis says softly. I glance back at him and give him a kiss and he takes a deep breath and then relaxes some. And I fall asleep against Louis' chest and he falls asleep not long after.