twelve: sleepless nights (l.t.)

A few months later

"How's he been doing? Good?" Harry asks through the phone as I make Dakota and Freddie food. I shrug and glance at Dakota who is sitting on the floor coloring.
"He's doing alright I guess, he kept me up all night crying for you and his teddy." I say earning a sigh from Harry as he fixes his hair.

Dakota comes over and holds his hands up and I sit him on the island and hand him the phone.

"Daddy I miss you. You come home soon?" Dakota asks. Harry sighs and says something about promising to be home soon and then distracts him by asking about school and Freddie.
"Freddie is sleeping right now. Lou has not woke him up." Dakota says. Harry laughs and nods and then Dakota hands me the phone back and runs off.

"He misses you." I say earning a nod from Harry. He glances at me and I can tell he's admiring my tattoo on my chest.
"Do you miss me too?" Harry asks. I nod quickly and put the phone down so I can finish making food.

"You know I do." I say earning a nod from Harry and then I hear some talking and he sighs as he turns back to me.
"Alright I have to get going, bye." Harry says. I nod and say my goodbye and Dakota does too and then I hang up.

After that I go get Freddie up and he clings to me on the short trip from his room to the kitchen.

Freddie sits in his chair and Dakota sits next to him, babbling away about what he was coloring and I have to laugh and send Harry a video of them because it's literally Harry and I. Dakota being the over talkative morning person like Harry and Freddie being the person who is barely awake and functioning like me.

Harry responds with some message about how cute they are and comments on the fact that Dakota is not wearing any pants to which I reply that he said he was 'too hot' to wear pants. And Harry responds saying that he's definitely his child.

After the boys eat I send them off to clean up and get dressed while I clean up.

I make it into their shared room, even though Freddie could have his own room he begged and begged for Harry and I to let them room together while we're here, and they're both running around in just boxers.

"Boys come on, you have to be at school in thirty minutes and it's a twenty minute drive. Work with me please." I say with a sigh. They both nod and wait for me to hand them their uniforms and I help them do the buttons on the shirt and on their khakis and then they slip their socks on and shoes and grab their bags from my hand and run off to the stairs to go to the door.

I take a picture and send it to Harry, since this is their first day back to school and Harry is sad he's missing it since he's finishing his tour.

Harry loves the message and I then load the boys up and take them to school.

I drop them off at school and they run in together giggling and playing around already. I then double check with the office that Harry added me as a pick up person for Dakota and they tell me he did and I'm all good for pick up later.

After that I go back home and clean up the house since Harry will be back tomorrow.

We haven't talked much about what's going to happen after he's done tour, but I know we both want to tell Dakota I'm his dad and help him through that transition first before deciding on living arrangements.

After I've cleaned the house and done laundry I see I have an hour and a half until I have to leave to get the boys so I set an alarm on my phone and take a break to get some sleep.

When I wake up it's not to my alarm, and I see that it's thirty minutes past the boys' pickup time. I don't see any calls from the school and I give them a call in hopes that Harry's bodyguard didn't get called to pick them up.

When I call the call goes to the default message meaning the office is closed and I rush around and grab my stuff to leave to go over there anyways.

Right as I'm going to walk out the door the front door opens and the boys run in babbling away and Harry walks in behind them looking at a pile of mail.

I drop my keys causing Harry to look up and he grins at me and shuts the door, sitting the mail down on the table, and walking towards me.

I give him a hug, relaxing in his arms and feeling relieved.

"I came home about an hour ago to see if you were busy so we could have some alone time before the crazies came back, only to find you sleeping peacefully so I turned your alarm off and picked up the boys. Missed you." Harry says, giving me a kiss on the cheek and then a kiss on the lips when I pout.

"I thought I slept through the alarm so that's a relief." I say earning a laugh from Harry and another kiss to the lips.
"Missed you, and next time you send the boys off can you make sure Dakota has his backup shirt and shorts? He got messy today and apparently got very upset because he didn't have backup clothes and the teacher only had skirts for him. Which is why he's wearing a skirt." Harry says with a sigh.

I glance at Dakota and watch as he runs around in a skirt and no shirt, probably because he's 'too hot'. I just shrug and Harry follows me through the house to the kitchen.
"You can go back to sleep if you're tired, I know he kept you up the whole night." Harry says, hand rested on the small of my back.

I just shrug and glance at the two little boys running around and then back to Harry.
"I'm fine, what did you want for dinner? The boys requested spaghetti earlier but I know that's not your favorite." I say earning a hum from Harry as he shrugs.

"I can make the boys spaghetti and once they're fed and put to bed we can do something." Harry says. He gives me a kiss and we ignore the gag noises from the two little boys standing in the living room.

"Sounds good. I'm going to get a nap then since you seem to be wanting to stay up all night." I say earning a laugh from Harry who nods and I can tell he stares at me the whole time I walk up the stairs to the bedroom.

When I get up to our room I lay in bed and fall asleep almost instantly, only waking up when I hear Harry come into the room.

"I ordered some pizza it's downstairs if you're hungry." Harry says. I nod and climb out of bed, slipping on some sweats since I managed to strip in my sleep.

Harry changes out of his clothes into just a pair of boxers and follows me downstairs and I grab some pizza and Harry sits next to me, his legs already tangling up with mine.

"How tired are you still?" Harry asks and I just laugh and pull him closer to me.
"You don't even try to hide the fact that you're horny anymore. It's kind of cute." I say earning a huff from Harry. I switch spots with him so I'm sat on his lap.

"Oh am I going to top?" Harry asks and I scoff at that and shake my head.
"No, I wanted to talk to you about something first before you keep me up all night." I say. Harry nods and glances at me waiting for me to say something.

"I talked to my managers again and I want to make our relationship public." I say softly. Harry doesn't say anything for a minute and then he attacks me with kisses and pulls me close to him. I relax in his hold, for once enjoying being the little spoon, and he lets me stay put until I want to pull back.

"So when do you want to do something?" Harry asks. I just shrug and grab my phone and show him my Instagram.
"I was just going to post a picture of you saying that I love you." I say. Harry grins and scrolls through my camera roll and picks out one of him shirtless and laughing about something in bed. I'm pretty sure I'm sitting on top of him, and this is so his post sex look but he's not covered in cum and looks very hot so I approve and put it on my Instagram story and put a simple caption 'my lover since 2010' and then post it and toss my phone on the coffee table.

"Let me finish eating and then I'll give you what you want." I say earning a hum from Harry as he wraps his arms around my waist and I relax against him as I eat some more pizza.

And we have amazing, 'finally out as a couple', sex tonight.