eighteen: surprise, you're going to be more miserable

"What time is your appointment?" Louis calls from the shower as I pick up his discarded clothes and make the bed.
"It's in an hour but we have to drop the boys off at school first." I say. Louis drops something and curses and then I hear running feet and know the boys are dressed.

"I'm going to go make them food, we need to leave in like 20 minutes." I say. Louis nods and gives me a kiss and then starts getting ready. I walk out into the hall and catch a running Dakota and he giggles and calls for Freddie who comes running out of their room dancing like a ballerina in his words.

He follows Dakota and I downstairs and I put them up at the island and start making them food. I turn around when I hear screaming and a thud and Freddie is on the ground screaming like crazy and I rush over and pick him up and almost puke when I see his wrist.

"Louis!" I scream and Dakota is just sitting there staring in shock as I try and calm Freddie down.
"Daddy make it stop!" Freddie screams and then Dakota starts crying, probably because he's overwhelmed and I try and calm both of them down.

Louis comes running down the stairs with damp hair and no shirt on and takes Freddie from me so I can grab Dakota.
"These boys really like breaking their wrists." I say earning a nod from Louis who gets Freddie to calm down by promising him he can wear his tutu to the doctors.

Louis leaves Freddie on the counter while he grabs a shirt and socks from the laundry room and I walk over and grab him and both boys start talking to one another about how they're going to miss school.

And I try not to look at Freddie's wrist because I'm feeling nauseous now.
"Boys let's get in the car so we can go to the doctor." Louis says, already calling the school to let them know both boys will be absent today and helping Freddie put his tutu on.

"Get the food for them and meet us in the car baby." Louis says, fixing my hair and giving me a soft kiss.

While they go out to the car I take a deep breath and put all the food on four different plates and cut everything up for the boys and take the food out to them and then grab some juice for them from the garage fridge and put it into their cups so they don't spill it.

Louis drives and I help him eat his food, and I can tell he wants to make a comment about how this would be sexier if the boys weren't here freaking out, but he just gives me suggestive looks and I just laugh, and I'm thankful he's cheering me up.

Louis takes Freddie to the hospital er and I take Dakota with me to my appointment, promising to record the heartbeat for Louis.

Dakota sits in my lap for the first part of the appointment and then whines some when he has to get up for the ultrasound but calms down when I hand him my phone.

"And who did you see at your initial appointment?" My doctor who I had Dakota with asks. I tell her the name I remember and she sighs.
"And she told you it was identical twins right?" She asks as she moves the wand further up my stomach. My heart rate increases and my jaw drops as I grab my phone really quickly from Dakota and take pictures and start a video when the heartbeats start.

"She failed to mention that." I say. My doctor sighs and then explains what that means and how it'll just mean a few more appointments for me and the babies.

"And you said the dad is the same as Dakota's? Is he going to be at the appointments?" She asks. I nod and she smiles softly at me, she was basically my therapist when I found out about Dakota so she knows all about my life in regards to Louis and I.

"He's actually with Freddie right now in the er, he fell off a barstool this morning and I think he broke his wrist or arm." I say. She nods and gives Dakota a lollipop when he starts to get stir crazy.

"Well I'm glad you'll have support for this, you'll definitely need it with these two babies. I'll go get your pictures printed off. If you have any questions feel free to call or text me. Congratulations again Harry. And you too big brother." She says ruffling Dakota's curls some earning a giggle from Dakota.

He climbs back up into my lap after my shirt is pulled down and he falls asleep while playing with my hair.

He's definitely my child, the constant cuddles and needing to hold something to fall asleep is a dead give away.

My doctor gives me my pictures and the nurses obsess over how cute Dakota is and one offers to take the lollipop out of his mouth since it's causing him to drool but I shrug and grab it from him and throw it away.

I head down to the er where Louis is still waiting with Freddie and he takes Dakota from me and Freddie climbs into my lap and asks about the baby.

"So about that, there's actually two babies." I say earning a jaw drop from Freddie and Louis. Louis gives me a kiss and asks to hear the heartbeats and I play the video and he almost starts crying and I run my fingers through his hair to calm him down some.

"They're identical so either two girls or two boys." I say. Louis nods and puts a hand on my small bump and Freddie does the same and I take a picture, almost posting it on Instagram but we mutually decided to not announce it until the babies are born.

Louis gives me another kiss and then takes the pictures from me and obsesses over them, saying how big they've gotten and how cute they look. And I just sit there admiring this side of him.

Freddie finally gets seen by the doctor who operated on Dakota and says it's a clean break of his arm so they align it to be straight, resulting in screams from Freddie, and then puts it in a cast, pink of course to match his tutu.

We then leave the hospital and Freddie shows off his cast to the few paparazzi who are standing by our car.

Louis drives home and when we get home Freddie crashes on the couch and Dakota sits there with him watching a movie while I clean up the kitchen.

"How do you feel about marriage?" I ask as Louis makes him and I some tea.
"You know I kind of hated the idea when I was younger, but now all I'm imagining is all of us having the same last name and the boys wearing little suits to walk down the aisle and it sounds like a dream come true." Louis says. I hum and pull him close to me and he gives me a kiss and then gives my bump a kiss.

"Every time I see you parent I fall more in love with you." I say softly. Louis grins and gives my bump another kiss and I take a picture of it this time and send it to Niall who replies with crying emojis and a picture of Bear sitting on the toilet giving Niall a thumbs up. And I just laugh and Louis asks what I'm laughing at and I show him and he laughs too and then scrolls through my camera roll and sends Niall a picture of Dakota and Freddie peeing in the bushes in the backyard and Niall sends back some thumbs up and a 'that's my nephews'.

"Go get a nap in, I know you're tired and I can watch the boys for a few hours." Louis says softly. I hum and give him a kiss as a thank you and go into the bedroom.

And I fall sleep and dream of a future with Louis that I never imagined would be possible.