thirty: happiest men on the planet

"Jesus Harry, lock the door next time." Gemma says, walking into my room and I just flip her off and put the pillow over my head.
"Don't just barge in anyways. You know I usually sleep naked." I say. Gemma waves me off and I get out of bed and slide on some sweats when I hear babies crying.

"I knew you weren't naked since this little monster was in here." Gemma says poking Dakota's cheek and earning whines from him.
"Yeah he wanted Louis last night, took like four hours of movies, a bath, and cuddles to get him to fall asleep." I say followed by a yawn.

I walk into the twins' nursery and grab Dallas who is the one screaming and he calms down some when I pick him up and then resumes crying when I change his diaper.

I put him into an outfit and then take him into the bedroom where Gemma is holding a bottle and bothering Dakota.
"Gem, if you wake him up and he's grumpy all day I'm going to kill you." I say. Dakota starts to whine and she stands up and grabs Dallas to feed him.

Freddie comes running in a few minutes later and then I go grab Finn and wake him up since it's getting close to when we need to leave to meet up with Louis and the boys.

"Remind me again why I said I'd house sit while you tour again?" Gemma asks. I just shrug and finish packing the last of the babies outfits and bottles. Freddie comes in and helps me with some stuff and then plays with Finn who is now doing tummy time.

"Because you like to stay in my house and not pay rent." I say. Gemma nods and gives me a look when we both hear Dakota start crying. I go into the room and he's whining for Louis and I pick him up and he takes a few minutes but eventually calms down.

Once that's handled I take him down to the living room and he sits on the couch with his new build a bear and a bag of goldfish.

Freddie joins him and Gemma carry's one baby in each arm to follow me downstairs.

I load up our bags into the g wagon and then get the babies in and then the boys climb in. Gemma and I go through my checklist and get any remaining items and then I get in the car and wave goodbye to Gemma as I drive to the airport.

When we get to the airport my bodyguard takes my car for me since he's flying in later, and the boys push the suitcases while I push the two strollers side by side.

When the boys see Louis Dakota goes running and Niall takes a baby so I can get the suitcases Dakota left behind.

"He cried for you all night." I say and Louis nods and stands up with Dakota latched onto him while still holding his bear.

Liam is running around with Bear and Rowan so Niall and I go get all the bags checked and then make our way towards security once we've determined that the boys are going crazy.

Dakota cries when Louis has to put him down so he can walk through security and I just run my fingers through his hair to keep him from throwing a tantrum.

We make it to the private plane waiting and the babies stay asleep the whole time and Louis keeps Dakota calm while I chase Freddie, Rowan and Bear.

"Daddy I need to go to the bathroom." Freddie says once he's gotten out of breath. I nod and scoop him up and take him and grab Finn who has a dirty diaper as well as some stuff to change him.

While Freddie pees I change Finn and then wash my hands and Freddie's hands and then Freddie runs over to Niall and I follow him with a giggling Finn in my arms.

Dakota is fast asleep against Louis' chest and Finn and Dallas are both asleep in their car seats so I figure I can get some energy out of the boys who are literally kicking their legs because they have so much energy.

"Who wants to race to the door and back?" I ask earning excited nods from Freddie, Bear, and Rowan as they get up. I let them get a head start and then run after them, telling them I'm going to get them and they all start running faster, and Rowan eventually trips and I scoop him up and look up right as Freddie and Bear run through the doors into the main terminal of the airport.

I sigh as I jog after them and Rowan stays in my arms saying that he got captured by me and then giggles while I run after Bear and Freddie.

When I get out of the doors I don't see Freddie and I see Bear standing by the door looking nervous.
"Harry I lost Freddie. I'm sorry." Bear says and I just nod and see Niall coming over so I keep the door open and sit Rowan and Bear down.

"It's fine I'll get him, go get your dad." I say and they both run over to Niall and giggle as they run past him and towards Liam and Louis.

I give Niall a thumbs up when he gives me a concerned look and I glance at my watch and see I have 20 minutes to find this demon.

I look around, realizing how crowded it is and start to worry, but then I see people crowding and I know they found Freddie when I see it's a bunch of teenage girls.

"Are you lost buddy?" The one girl says as I walk over.
"That's Louis and Harry's son." Another girl mumbles and then they all freak out.
"Are you looking for your dad?" They all ask and I hear some mumbles and I gently push the shoulder of one girl and they all spread.

"Daddy, who are these girls?" Freddie asks. I just smile and pick him up and kiss his cheek.
"Just some nice girls making sure you're ok." I say. They're all staring and have their phones out but they look too shocked to ask for pictures or anything.
"I have a few minutes if you guys would like a picture?" I ask softly and they all nod excitedly and I take selfies with them and then leave once I see a crowd starting to form.

I head into the private area and Freddie begs to race back to Louis and "his friends" so I sit him down and he starts running and I sprint past him and sit down next to Louis who's shaking his head as he watches Freddie look absolutely defeated.

"Daddy no fair. I want to race again." Freddie says. Louis laughs and I glance at Dakota who's still snoring away in a deep sleep.
"One more race but stop at the door this time." I say and Freddie huffs.
"Those nice girls loved me." Freddie says and the grin he has makes me want to take him back out there so he can chat with the nice girls.

I shake my head and he nods and starts running and I give him a good ten seconds and then sprint past him and he looks pissed.
"One more and if you don't win we're done racing." I say and Freddie nods and starts running. I give him a little bit more hope this time and I pass him right as he's thinking he won.

And that sends him over the edge. I try not to laugh as he argues with me, but all I'm seeing is Louis arguing with me and it's making me too happy to focus on Freddie.

"Dad, tell him he cheated!" Freddie says and when Louis doesn't give him what he wants he sighs and sits in the seat next to Bear.
"Bear, my daddy cheated right?" Freddie asks and Bear just shrugs as he colors with his crayons.

"I did not watch. Sorry." Bear says and Freddie huffs and crosses his arms. I pull my phone out and snap a picture and then start recording a video.
"Fred what's got you so upset?" I ask earning a glare from Freddie.
"You cheated in our race." Freddie says and when I shake my head no he rolls his eyes and Niall lets out a laugh.

"Harry did not cheat." Rowan chimes in and Freddie just shakes his head.
"Kota would agree with me." Freddie says and I turn the camera to Dakota who is still fast asleep.
"Two against two, guess we just have to race again?" I ask and Freddie nods and I position the camera and he starts running and I jog to start and then sprint past him and I hear Niall laughing as I scoop up Freddie.

He pouts but goes back to his giggling self when I kiss his face all over and tickle him.
"Who won?" Niall asks and Freddie huffs.
"Daddy." Freddie says and I grab my phone and I post it to my Instagram story with the caption 'Freddie v. Daddy'.

After a few more minutes we start boarding and since we're flying on our plane Dakota stays asleep on Louis' chest and I snap a picture and post that to my story as well with the caption 'meanwhile here is Dakota and Dad'. I get the babies and Freddie all buckled in and then sit down in between the two babies and Freddie for take off.

After we land we all go straight to the venue and we watch the big kids run around the stage while the babies crawl around our feet, and I never imagined that I would be here.

But I wouldn't change anything that I've done to get here.