Chapter 2

'First years this way please, come on now, don't be shy'. It was Hagrid.

'Hi Hagrid', Harry said.

'(Y/n), where's your robes'? He asked.

'I forgot, I was reading, is it that visible'?

'I don't think so. Right then this way to the boats follow me', Hagrid said and all the first years followed. Me, Harry, and Ron got in one and we watched as the castle come more into view.

We walked up some steps to meet a tall, old woman, wearing green robes and a hat.

'Welcome to Hogwarts, now in a few moments you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses, they are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While your here, your house will be like your family, your triumphs will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points, at the end of the year the house with the most points is awarded the house cup'.

'Trevor', I boy yelled and went to pick up a toad on the floor. He looked at the lady and apologised, she continued.

'The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily', she turned and walked to the huge doors.

'So it's true then, what they were saying on the train, the Potter's has come to Hogwarts, this is Crabbe, Goyle and I'm Malfoy', the blonde boy came to our front. 'Draco Malfoy'. Ron laughed. 'Think my names funny do you, no need to ask yours, red hair and a hand me down robe, you must be a Weasley, you'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others Potter, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there'. Malfoy reached his hand out.

'I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks', Harry said. The Malfoy boy turned to me.

'And you? The sister'.

'I think I'll be fine at the moment, thanks', I said just before the tall woman came back.

Everyone stared at us as we walked to the front, where a stool and a hat was.

'Can you all wait around here please', the tall woman asked. 'Now before begin Professor Dumbledore will like to say a few words'. A old wizard stood up at the table with all the professors.

'I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce, the first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, also our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death, thank you', he sat back down.

'When I call you name you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head and you'll be sorted into your houses, Hermione Granger'. I looked at her. The hat came to life on her head.

'Ahh, right then, right okay, GRYFFINDOR', the hat yelled and the assumed Gryffindor table burst with applauding students.

'Draco Malfoy', the woman called. The hat didn't even touch his head before saying "Slytherin".

'There's not a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin', Ron whispered.

'(Y/n) Potter'. My eyes widened. Ron gave me a little push. I sat on the stool, the hat on my head.

'Hmmm, you're proven to be difficult', the hat said. 'You're kind, smart and cunning, always there to protect the ones you love, hmm, I know, I put you in... Slytherin', the hat yelled.

I looked at Harry, worryingly and sat at the Slytherin table next to Malfoy. Harry and Ron were sorted into Gryffindor which made me sad.

'I'm glad you got sorted into Slytherin, (y/n)', Malfoy started. 'I'm sure we'll be great friends'.

'Sure Malfoy', I said sadly. I hope what Ron said wasn't true.

After the feast, I walked with Draco, following the prefect to our common room. I was reading the potions book again while walking.

'Miss Potter', a voice called. I turned around to see a man wearing all black and a straight face. I walked up to him.

'Yes sir'.

'May I ask, where's your uniform'? He said, coldly.

'Uhh... I- I sorry, sir, I forgot to change on the train and I thought-'

'That no one will notice but I did'.

'I know, sir, I'm sorry, sir'. I felt on the urge of tears, I looked down to my feet.

'That will earn you a detention, Potter, tomorrow, now get to your common room'. I nodded and practically ran.

Damn, school hasn't even started and I got detention.