Chapter 39

~Your POV~

The next morning, I went to Hagrid's but before I knocked on his door, a flying creature caught my eye. Being curious, I had to follow. I went a little into the woods and spotted...

'Potter, what are you doing here'? Professor Snape said.

'I was curious about those', I pointed to the creature that was standing near him.

'You can see them'?

'Of course, it's right there'.

'Well, these are Thestrals, you can only see them if you seen death, right before your eyes'.

'My mother'?

'Possibly or Mr Diggory'.

'That means you seen death too, right'? He nodded.

'In the first battle, come here, they're quite harmless, I assure you'. I walked up to him and slowing reached out to touch it.

'Wow, I think I love them more than Hippogriffs'.

'They are something, aren't they'?

'Yeah'.

'How are your powers going'?

'I learned to control them'. I lit my hand. 'It's easy once you get it, I can use my powers against Umbridge, can't I'?

'If you want to get in trouble and get expelled again'.

'Well, it's worth the risk I guess, did you see all the rules on that wall she claimed'?

'I did'.

'I heard that she would be going around and asking the professor's questions'.

'You did'?

'Yeah, anyway, I should go back, it's getting a bit cold'. He took off his cloak and extended it to me. At this point, I was used to him giving me his cloak.

'Just stay for a bit'. I took it and wrapped myself. 'What was with everyone sitting next to you at breakfast'?

'I don't know, it's like everyone started to give me attention, well, all the boys, some say I changed a lot, have I really changed that much over the year'?

'You have but that is a good thing'.

'Really? Some didn't even recognise me'.

'I didn't, I didn't know you were a painter or drawer'.

'I took it up when I was young in muggle school, when I had to go back, I took the class again'.

'Your good at it'.

'Thanks, I should really go now, I got some work to do'.

'You can do that in my classroom, I'll walk back with you'.

'You can take your cloak back then'. He took his cloak back and we walked together back to the castle.

~time skip to next day~

I walked to the potions room and sat in a seat. Professor Snape wasn't here yet but I had the widest idea. I went back outside which confused some people.

I changed into Professor Snape and went back inside.

'Mr Potter, do I see you breathing'? I went up to them and gave them a wink. 'It's me you guys, (y/n)', I whispered.

'How?

'I'll tell you later, right now I got a class'. I stood up straight. 'Now, where is Miss Potter, the most brilliant Slytherin in her year'.