Chapter 16

It's been a full week with aunt Marge staying over at our place and it was torture. Also, uncle Veron had a new way to deal with me. Keep me in a dark room for a day. The longest he kept me in the darkroom was a week. So, I grew scared of the dark a bit. I walked with Harry to the park but then Dudley and his friends jumped at us. One of his friends held Harry while two held me.

'Dudley, you don't know what you're doing', I said. He took out a knife.

'Oh, I do cousin', he said.

'Dudley, please, don't'. I struggled.

'I just want to practice my art'. He lifted my shirt to show my bare stomach and started craving the knife in me. 'How do you spell "freak" again'? He said, sarcastically.

'Ahhh, stop it', I yelled.

'Dudley stop, she's your cousin', Harry said.

'That doesn't really matter to me'. He continued with the cuts.

After a few more cuts, he threw me down to the ground and they all left. Harry helped me up and to walk back to the house. He helped me to clean up and wrapped a bandage around my waist.

The next day, Harry helped me on the train to Hogwarts. I was glad that we were going back. I didn't want to stay at the house any longer.

'Come on, everywhere else is full', Hermione said, leading us to a compartment that only had one occupant.

'I wonder who that is'? Ron asked.

'Professor R.J. Lupin', Hermione answered

'She knows everything, how come she knows everything'.

'It's on his suitcase Ronald'.

'Do you think he's really asleep'? Harry asked.

'Seems to be, why'?

'I have to tell you something'. I rested my whole body on the seat, resting my back on the window, listening to what Harry was saying.

'So you're saying, Sirius Black escaped Azkaban to come after you and (y/n)'? Ron said after Harry finished.

'Yeah'.

'But they'll catch Black, won't they'? Hermione said, clearly worried. 'I mean, everyone's looking for him'.

'Sure, except no ones ever broken out of Azkaban before', Ron said. 'And... he's a murderous raving lunatic'.

'Thanks, Ron'. Suddenly the train came to a stop.

'Why are we stopping? We can't be there yet'. Harry looked outside and fell back down when the train rumbled.

'What's going on'?! Ron whined.

'Don't know. Maybe we have broken down'. Harry answered. The lights went off.

'Ouch, Ron, that was my foot', Hermione whispered. My eyes adjusted to the dark a little, the moonlight was shining through the window.

'There's something moving out there', Ron whined again. The train became cold. The window started to frost up. The train moved again.

'Bloody hell! What's happening'? Ron screamed.

'Shut up, Ron', I whispered-yelled.

A dark cloaked figure was seen outside our compartment door. The thing opened it when a movement of its slimey, long fingers. A dementor. I stood up.

'(y/n), what are you doing'? Herimone said. I went directly in front of it and reached out my hand. Its cloak wrapped around my hand and then started to suck mine and Harry's happy memories as that is what they do. I saw a bright light before everything turned dark and I heard a woman's scream.

My eye's opened slowly and Hermione tried to help me off the ground.

'Thank you'.

'No problem', Hermione said. I got up and sat back down.

'Here eat this, you'll feel better', the sandy-haired man whose name is Lupin, gave me a piece of chocolate. Harry hasn't woken yet.

'Thanks, I'm (y/n) Potter and these are Hermione and Ron, it's a bit weird, my middle name is Lupin'.

'Well, it's weird in a way, it's not really a common name'. He smiled.

Harry woke up with a groan. Hermione handed his glasses back and Lupin gave Harry some chocolate.

'What was that thing that came'? Harry asked.

'A dementor', Me and Professor Lupin said in unison. The Professor seemed proud that I knew.

'One of the guards of Azkaban, it's gone now', Lupin added. 'It was searching the train for Sirius Black, if you'd excuse me, I like a little word with the driver'. He left the compartment.

'Did any of you pass out'? I asked.

'No, but I felt weird though like I would never be cheerful again', Ron said.

'Someone was screaming'.

'I heard it too, she was yelling out my name', I said.

'No one was screaming', Hermione shook her head.