Chapter 32

'Welcome to the second task', Dumbledore's voice boomed when it was finally time to start the task. 'Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These five treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface'.

'Put that in your mouth', I heard Mad-eye say to Harry next to me. Harry put something in his mouth.

'Harry, what was that'? He started gagging. 'Harry'?

'You may begin at the start of the canon', Dumbledore said and the canon went off. I ate my gillyweed and soon started gagging as well. In the water, I looked at Harry as he entered the water. He started growing gills, webbed hands and feet and so do I, we probably ate the same plant. I didn't have a proper bathing suit, so I decided to wear my school robes, just my shirt and skirt.

I laughed, bubbles coming from my mouth. Me and Harry sticked together while we looked for our treasures that was stolen. As we got deeper, we heard someone or something singing. We both swam toward it, through the seaweed. I turned around feeling something at my feet.

Harry stopped and looked at me. Then grindylows were swimming around me. One made a big cut on my upper arm, my cheek and my legs. Harry helped me get them off me and we swam away from the seaweed.

We came by a big arch way, so we swam further. Merpeople were everything. Eventually, we found what was stolen.

Ron, Hermione were there. I was thinking Hermione was my treasure but she was taken by Krum and Cho was taken by Cedric. I looked around and I saw Snape. I was confused. His my treasure?

I untied the seaweed that was holding Snape and grabbed his arm. I looked at Harry, who just cast a spell to free a girl, I was assuming it is Fleur's treasure.

Harry struggled to swim up to the surface as he carried two people.

Then again, grindylows attacked at our feet. Harry pushed Ron and the girl up. I got my wand and cast a spell that retreated all the nasty creatures. I pushed Snape's body up to the surface. I felt the effect of the gillyweed begin to wear off as I was now choking on water. I began to get tunnel vision.

A hand grabbed my arm and a second later, I felt like I was being thrown on to the platform. I coughed out the water from my lungs and breathed for air. I looked to see Snape standing over me, pink in the face, maybe from the cold?

'You could have died, Potter'. He yelled at me when he draped a towel over me and rubbed my arms to give me some warmth.

'Well, I didn't'. I coughed.

'Water reached your lungs, you could've drowned'.

'Sorry'. I coughed again. Snape saw me still shivering so he wrapped his towel around me.

'I'm just glad your not dead'.

'Why'? I smirked and raised my brow. He rolled his eyes.

'(y/n)'! Hermione came over to me after she did Harry and hugged me. I winced.

'Miss Granger, Potter is injured and almost died, I will ask for her not to be touched', I heard Snape say. Hermione moved her head and whispered.

'So, Snape is your treasure'. She pulled away and left to go to Harry again. I felt my face go red. Snape is my treasure. Dumbledore pointed his wand to his throat.

'Attention'!

'Bloody hell', I whispered. It came rather loud because Dumbledore was right near me.

'The winner is... Mr Diggory'! There were shouts from everyone. 'Who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head charm. However, seeing as both Potters would have finished first, had it not been for their determination to rescue their own treasures but the others as well, we've agreed to award them second place'.

Some students booed but others cheered, not many though. When we all got back to the castle, Harry and I had to got to the hospital wing. Snape came along and helped Madam Pomfrey with bandaging me up.

'Here change to this so I be still able to bandage you, Severus, give the girl some privacy'. Poppy pulled the curtain and I changed into my red sports bra and truck suit shorts.

Poppy opened the curtain and started tending to my wounds.

'You marked yourself', Snape whispered-yelled at me. I looked down at my torso to see the feather that underlined the word "always" just below my ribs and the moon cycle just lining my bikini line.

'Oh yeah, got it when I was 13'. He rolled his eyes at me and wrapped the cut on my upper arm with a bandage. Harry was able to leave before me, Snape did too after a while.

Madam Pomfrey just made sure that I was alright with everything and made sure all my cuts were cleaned.

Once I was able to leave, I was looking for Harry, he said that Dumbledore need to talk to him. When I rounded a corner, I nearly bumped into Karkaroff.

'Watch where you're going, stupid girl', he spat and pushed passed me. I saw Harry and Harry saw me.

'Potter'. Snape came out of a room. I turned my head, thinking someone was calling me. 'What's your hurry'? I walked up to Harry and stood beside him. 'Congratulation, your performance in the black lake was inspiring'. I scoffed. He didn't mean that. 'And the same goes for you Miss'.

'Well, thank you, thank you very much'.

'Gillyweed, am I correct, Mr Potter'?

'Yes sir'.

'Ingenious', Snape said, sarcastically. He went into his potion store again. 'A rather rare herb, gillyweed, not something found in your everyday garden nor is this'. He came back down from the ladder and held out a vile. 'Know what it is'? Harry shook his head.

'Veritaserum, three drops of this and you know who himself would spill his darkest secrets, the use of it on a student is regrettably forbidden'.

Snape told us.

'However, should you ever steal from my personal stores again my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice'.

'I haven't stolen anything'.

'Don't. Lie. To me'. Snape drawled. 'Gillyweed may be innocuous but boomslang skin, lacewing files, you and your little friends are brewing Polyjuice potion and believe me, I'm going to find out why'. He pulled me further in the room and shut the door in Harry's face.

'What'?

'Be careful for the next task, (y/n)'.

'Always'.

'We will work on your powers more, something tells me your going to need it'.

'Okay, I'm going to my chambers'.

Once I came to my chambers, I made myself a smoothie and relaxed on my couch. I groaned from satisfaction.

'What are you doing'?

'Shit, are you trying to give me a heart attack, can't you see I'm relaxing'.

'What's that'?

'It's a smoothie, want some? It's really good'.

'No'.

'Suit yourself'.