The Prelims begin.

Once Taka had been pulled apart, though neither was looking away from the other, the two teams opened their scrolls is different locations, and when they did so their respective senseis popped out of the smoke, and emerged before them.

"Congratulations!" Kurenai practically beamed, as she looked at her Genin. "Not only are you the first of the leaf Genin to make it back, but you've also earned me some money from Asuma. So great all around." Her face then for serious after a short while, as she turned to face her Genin again. "You are to head below the tower, where you're to wait for further instructions. I get the feeling, their might be an additional stage."

With that Kurenai then led her Geninnti the stairway that led below the tower, with the three of them slowly making their way below. Eventually they stood upon what looked like a large sparring room, with balconies surrounding it's outer edge. With Kurenai, along with the Sand Jonin, along the Hokage and a few others were now standing waiting for the rest of the Genin to appear.

The sand Genin made their way in next, and stood behind Kurenai's team, Gaara still trying to intimidate Taka with nothing but his presence. Taka wasn't reacting to it at all, much too anger. Shortly after, the rest of the Genin managed to turn up, and were now stood with the first two teams to make it.

The teams all listened, as Hiruzen explained that too many had it through, and they would need to thin them out further with Preliminary one on one contests. Of course, no one was truly happy with this turn of events, but they had to begrudgingly accept it.

"Now. When your name's are called up, you are to come forward and prepare for your bout. First bout will be....Dosu Kinuta of the Sound Village, taking on Taka Yuki, of the Leaf village. Both participants step forward, the rest of you please make your way to the balcony." The proctor stated matter of factly, as the two Genin made their way towards the middle of the room, with all eyes on them, Taka took a deep breath and exhaled, before he flashed his glacier blue eyes open, and stared down Dosu. 'This was one of the guys attacking Team 7.....gotta be careful.' He thought to himself, as his eyes remained unflinching and Dosu, looked far too overconfident for the bout.

"Ready, Begin!"