Clarity, and the journey home.

The funeral for Lady Chiyo was a quiet affair, with the entire village paying their respects. But soon enough, it was time for the leaf Shinobi to return home, and report to the Hokage. After Naruto and Gaara had shaken hands the group started to leave only Taka lingered a little longer, rubbing the back of his head, as he and Temari were only two left from those that had said goodbye. "Taka I....I screwed up. I know I did, but I didn't think you would be...." Temari tried continuing to talk, but found hers words stuck in her throat. Taka slowly closed the gap between them, and pulled her in for a hug. Which she hesitantly returned. They stood like that for a few moments, as tears threatened to fall down her face. "I will never give up on you Temari, you were and are all I think about. He let his words sink in for a moment, before pulling himself away from her. "But I'm also, not going to get in the way of you and Shikamaru." Saying those words hurt him immensely, but he was also being honest. She may never love him the way he does her again, and he'd have to live with that.

"Anyway, it's time for me to go. Oh and don't worry, I won't hit Shikamaru too hard." He smiled that beautiful smile of his, before finally departing the Sand village and heading towards his friends. "You finally settled things with her?" Kakashi spoke, as he Naruto and Sakura turned and began walking with Taka. "Yeah, while that girl will always have a piece of my heart, I'm not going to let it get in the way of her relationship with Shikamaru. No matter how much it hurts." Sakura and Naruto remained silent, but Kakashi looked as though he was smiling behind his mask. "You've matured." Taka looked at Kakashi, and smiled softly at him. "Yeah, I suppose I have."

After a long journey home, the group were now before Tsunade. Well all except Kakashi, who was currently hospital bound. "So you believe Sasori was telling you the truth, about him meeting an informant in a week's time?" She had turned her head to look at Taka, who in turn was looking out of the window. Seemingly not paying attention to her, but he was listening. He just felt like someone else was listening too. "Yes Lady Hokage I do, and he did reveal an important detail about the informant. He said that he a medical Shinobi, who had a way with cutting with his hands." The group soon realised who he was talking about, but before they could answer Taka threw a senbon needle at seemingly nothing, but soon an audible feminine shout of pain could be heard, but before anyone could react the assailant had fled, with Taka about to give chase when he was stopped by Tsunade. "Enough. That was one of Danzo's anbu, you're best leaving that for now. The three of you are to go and explore the village for a while, whilst myself and Kakashi have a talk about your next mission. Enjoy your time off, you may not get any for a while." With that the group left Tsunade to it, and she soon turned to her assistant Shizune. "It seems Danzo made his move, but I get the feeling he will try something again."