[CHAPTER 2]

Naruto Uzumaki got beat up on his 8th birthday. It's not that he couldn't fight back, it's just that he chose not to. Like the Kyuubi said, 'why waste precious energy on scum like them.'
     You know I'm really tired of constantly healing all your wounds. Complained the Kyuubi. How about you start fighting back? Just a few punches, some kicks, a little bit of dodging, it shouldn't be too hard for you to win.
Fox, you know if I fight back they're gonna take me to old man Hokage. I have to stay in his good graces if I wanna eat and sleep under an actual roof. Naruto thought to himself, although the Kyuubi could clearly hear what he was saying.
     Sleep? Eat? All you can afford is crappy ramen and shinobi food rations, which by the way taste awful. And the so called house you live in is a dump! The nine tails said.
Naruto laughed to himself. You know you're not entirely wrong. But I'll just have to hold out for now, once I'm accepted into the academy they'll give me breakfast and lunch. And you know I'll finally start my path towards becoming an actual shinobi, but that's not as important.
You sure have your priorities straight. Scoffed the fox.

Naruto made his way back to his apartment. By the time he got there it was already trashed. Just the yearly present from the villagers.
Sometimes the residents of Konoha would break into Naruto's apartment and destroy everything they could find, but it was absolutely guaranteed that they would do it specifically on his birthday. However, Naruto already had some countermeasures for these situations. Since it was rare for high ranking shinobi to take part of the yearly break ins, Naruto has been able to get away with casting a simple genjutsu on his apartment. Whoever enters immediately gets caught in it and it makes it appear as if the apartment were completely normal and vulnerable to getting trashed. Although, if the genjutsu were to be released, there would be a completely empty apartment.
The blue eyed boy stuck a hand in his pocket and fished out a small scroll. Naruto had used the enclosing jutsu to store a bigger scroll within the smaller one. This bigger scroll contained all of Naruto's personal items, sealed in such a convenient way. His roll out bed/sleeping pad, clothes, training equipment, hygiene stuff, and, most importantly, food were with him at all times. Anything important was enclosed in this scroll before Naruto heads out for the day.
Today he decided to take out his special ramen, it could only be found at Konoha's grocery stores once a year. This was his birthday ramen and it tasted absolutely amazing! Not as good as Ichiraku though.
With zero patience, Naruto slurped down the piping hot ramen. He was at ease, even after such a stressful day. His eyes began to droop and he made his way to his bed which he had rolled out while his ramen was cooking.
      I wonder what normal kids do for their birthday. I'm pretty sure they don't get beat up and robbed haha. I think that's something that only happens to me. Naruto yawned. His eyes slowly closed and a few seconds later he was out cold.
     Just a few more weeks kid. Life will become bearable, just hang in there. The nine tails thought to himself as to not wake Naruto.

The academy gladly accepted Naruto, much to the villagers surprise. He would start attending classes once all his admission papers and documents were processed. Naruto didn't plan on graduating early, even though he easily could. As long as he stayed enrolled at the academy Naruto would be safer for the majority of the day and two meals would be provided for him. Not to mention the fact that he could start using the shinobi training grounds and start practicing ninjutsu without raising any suspicions.
Life was going to get better.