[CHAPTER 31]

Orochimaru?  What does that bastard have planned?

"The Forest of Death, today's little playground." Anko announced to the crowd. "Been some time since I last saw you punks and after today no one may ever see you again."

What is she trying to do? Sakura thought. Intimidate us?

"How terrifying." 

A kunai was thrown in the direction of the sarcastic voice, its trajectory not meant for serious harm but as a warning shot.

It was caught, the razor sharp edge slicing the skin between two calloused fingers. Blood trickled down the blondes hand. In an instant Anko was behind him, deathly close to his face.

"You know it's usually the stuck up and overconfident punks that leave their blood all over this forest." The jonin whispered into Naruto's ear.

"But it's usually the crazy ones that survive." The Uzumaki said as he licked a trail of blood off his finger.

An ominous and powerful aura appeared suddenly, no it revealed itself, making Naruto's head perk up in the general direction. Anko must've noticed it too, her grip on his arm becoming looser. What they sensed soon faded, whoever it was had realized they were attracting attention.

Anko made her way back to the front of the crowd. "Before we start I'll set the ground rules while you guys are signing these lovely consent forms."

A paper was passed out, everyone signing without reading it. "First off, this is an anything goes battle and we will not be accountable for your possible deaths, that being covered by the contracts you all just signed. The goal here is  to acquire these two scrolls."

Holding up two colored, rolled up papers she continued to explain. "Half of the teams will get the heaven while the other half will get the earth scroll. You have 5 days to retrieve the one you don't have and make it to the tower at the center of the forest."

"That's it?" Asked a genin.

"Yep very simple, now let's get a move on." Anko pointed to a tent by one of the forest gates. "Exchange your forms for a scroll, pick a gate, and be on your way. Good luck!"

She vanished in a puff of smoke, no more questions being able to grace her ears.

The teams started off strong, barreling through the opened gates and heading into the forest. 

Naruto spread out his chakra, now being able to sense almost the entirety of the forest. Some teams already encountered each other and some were getting closer to his own. 

We'll get this done faster if I just go ahead alone for the first few days. Naruto thought. 

"I have to pee." He suddenly announced. "Wait for me here."

"We just got here!" Sakura complained.

Naruto went straight to the closest team, with no intentions of getting violent so soon. He observed them for a while, noticing how a certain genin was a little more careful, his eyes scanning faster than the others, his heartbeat quickened. 

It's all down to whether it's a heaven or earth scroll now. Naruto thought.

Meanwhile back at camp Naruto came back from his bathroom break. "Hey guys, let's get going!"

A shuriken was thrown and tore through Naruto's new, black jumpsuit. Sasuke was there in an instant, his fist colliding with the blonde's face.

"Hey! What the hell?!" Naruto yelled. "What are you doing?"