[CHAPTER 15]

Naruto's shadow clone jumped down to some of the lower branches and acted as if he was asleep, just like the real Naruto.

The clone sensed Sakura stomping towards the tree he was resting at.

"Oi! You idiot we're supposed to be waiting for Kakashi sensei! Not sleeping!" Sakura yelled to the clone.

The doppelganger opened his eyes and leaped out of the tree, landing near Sakura.

"Kakashi isn't here." The clone shrugged.

"Who do you think you are saying Kakashi sensei's name so informally?!" Sakura scolded the clone. "It is our duty as genin and as our sensei's students to wait here patiently for him!"

"I bet you a bowl of ramen that Kakashi isn't going to be here for another hour or so." The clone said smugly. "Do you accept?"

He struck out his hand, offering it to Sakura.

The real Naruto, high up in the tree , scoffed at the deal.

Gods I'm so smart! I could totally go for some ramen. The real Naruto thought happily. I gotta get those damn foxes to restock my food supply. Ughhh they haven't even brought a single piece of food since last week.

*smol flashback/explaination*

POOF!

"Wowwww. Nice of you to finally join us fish cake." Tsuki teased Naruto.

"You act as if you didn't just summon me here." Naruto said groggily.

It was 1 in the morning, the usual time of the 'True Foxes' meetings. (Foxes are mainly nocturnal, Naruto obviously isn't.) Most of the time the meetings only last an hour or so but they've held one almost every other day.

"You know, waking up at this hour so often has started to make me hungrier even earlier in the day." Naruto groaned along with his stomach.

"If you know you're going to be summoned at this hour then why don't you eat a bigger dinner or something?" Tsuki asked as the two walked towards the meeting room.

"Because I'm broke! I spent all my allowance this month on ninja tools, I mean you can't imagine how expensive custom kunai are." Naruto exclaimed. "Plus I'm terrible at fishing so I only had a tiny fish for dinner."

"You mean you've been wasting your money on food this entire time? And on ninja equipment too??" Tsuki looked at Naruto as if he was crazy. "You know we have scavenger underlings for a reason right? I haven't hunted for food since I became a 'True Fox', although I'm pretty sure that none of the human food I've eaten recently was taken legally."

"You mean that those little invisible foxes steal food for us?" Naruto's stomach grumbled at the thought of free food.

"God if your really that hungry I can summon one right now to bring you some strawberries or something." Tsuki laughed.

Naruto rolled his eyes, "yea that would be great."

*End of flashback/explanation*

They've really been slacking off on my food orders. Naruto thought.

"Hey! Naruto!" Sakura waved her hand in the clones face who seemed to be distracted just like the original. "I accept your bet but I'll only buy the small portion, no extra toppings."

"What a cheapstake." Naruto muttered. However he held out his hand out of hunger, "Alright it's a deal."

Sakura scoffed, confident that she was going to win the bet.