[CHAPTER 3]

"Class welcome Naruto Uzumaki. He will be your new classmate starting today." Iruka sensei said to the class and pointed to an open seat in the third row of students. "Go sit over there, next to Shikamaru." Iruka sensei whispered to Naruto.
Naruto made his way to his new seat. As he walked he could hear the other kids start to whisper. After carefully channeling chakra into his ears he could hear everything they said perfectly.
"It's the demon kid."
"My parents told me to stay away from him."
"What is he wearing? He looks like a clown."
"It's that annoying kid that all the adults hate."
The blonde boy sighed as he sat down. Looks like they already know me. He thought. Of course Naruto already knew the majority of the kids in this class, many of them came from Konoha's major clans. There was Shikamaru of the Nara clan, Choji of the Akimichi clan, Shino of the Aburame clan, Ino of the Yamanaka clan, Kiba of the Inuzuka clan, Hinata of the Hyuga clan, and finally Sasuke of the fallen Uchiha clan.
"Hey Naruto, haven't seen you in a while." said Shikamaru.
"Well you still haven't seen me, considering your head is down and it sounded like you were sleeping just a few seconds ago." Naruto replied.
Choji, who was sitting to the right of Shikamaru, quietly laughed.
"Naruto, you are such a drag." Shikamaru picked his head up and smiled at the boy to his left.
The Nara clan was one of the few clans that didn't go out of their way to avoid Naruto. Shikamaru and Choji were both very nice to Naruto, some could even consider them friends.
Unlike most of the people in the village, Shikamaru and Choji knew that Naruto wasn't dumb or weak like most people thought. Shikamaru hates to admit it, but he has lost many games of shogi to Naruto.
"Hey! You three pay attention in class!" yelled Iruka sensei. "Naruto you just got here, the least you can do is stay quiet."
"But sensei this stuff is too easy! I already know all of this!" complained Naruto. The class snickered, knowing that Naruto was just about to be embarrassed in front of everyone.
"Well if it's so easy why don't you come up here and solve question 8?" Iruka sensei said. Not that Naruto cared but question number 8 just so happens to be the hardest practice question on the board.
"I don't even have to go up there to know the answer. It's 56°." the blue eyed boy said.
The classroom went completely silent. Was this boy really confident enough to just blurt out a random answer? Or did he actually manage to get it right...?
Iruka's face paled a little. Naruto had managed to get the answer right in a split second even though Iruka had to look at the actual answer sheet to know the answer.
"Are you doubting me? You think I cheated somehow don't you?" Naruto questioned. "If this helps: #5 is 32.7 ft, #6 is 7.01 in, #7 is 50°, and #9 is 166°."
Every answer Naruto uttered was correct. Iruka stayed silent and the class looked at Naruto with surprised faces.
     This kid is a genius. It would be a waste of talent if he stays in these lower level classes. Iruka thought.
"Ok fine, this may be too easy for you. My apologies, we'll have a talk later Naruto." Iruka said before continuing the lesson for all the other students.
The rest of the class stayed silent until school was over, not a single word was said.
———————————————————————————
     I thought you were planning on laying low. Was all your talk of not graduating early just a lie? The nine tails asked.
     No. I still plan on staying at school for 4 years but not without showing everyone that I'm not the dumb, blonde demon kid everyone thinks I am. Naruto thought.
     After school had ended Naruto made his way to the villages library. Since he didn't have many people to learn from, Naruto depended on books to learn about new jutsu's and how to do them. At 5 years old Naruto figured out that his chakra nature's strongest affinity was wind. He hasn't really been able to practice much ninjutsu but he was fairly confident that he could work up to the point of using all natures with equal strength.
     "Hey grandma. I'm just here to check out some ninjutsu scrolls." Naruto smiled at the old librarian.
     "Oh Minato! It's so good to see you! It's been a while my boy, how have you been?" The old lady asked. She was very old and forgetful, usually confusing the Uzumaki for his father.
     "I'm good. I just started my classes at the academy so I haven't really had time to stop by." Naruto smiled sheepishly.
     "Well go help yourself my boy. You know where the scrolls are, just go ahead and pick out what you want." The librarian pointed to the back of the building and then went back to reading her book.
     The Uzumaki filled his arms with jutsu scrolls and some taijutsu scrolls too. He was going to make the most of the next four years by learning everything he could.
     Once he exited the library he put all the scrolls in his special pouch. It was special because he had used a sealing technique that makes the pouch act like a sealing scroll. Space within the pouch was infinite but it still kept its small appearance. Whenever Naruto wanted to get something from the pouch all he had to do was think about what he wanted and it would appear in his hand.
     The blue eyed boy made his way to the training grounds, trying to find the most secluded and hidden area he could. He didn't want people interfering with his training, whether it would be shinobi or villagers. Shinobi ask too many questions while the villagers just go straight to beating the crap out of him.
     With your chakra control we don't have to focus too much on simple jutsus. Just use them as a warm up for the real stuff. The fox said at the back of Naruto's mind.
     Yea I know. I'll focus on defensive techniques for my warmup then I'll move on to more offensive and powerful stuff. Naruto thought.
     The Uzumaki took out all the scrolls he had borrowed from the library and rolled them out, trying to decide what he would start on first. After taking a few glances at the scrolls he decided to work on earth releases as well as some lighting releases. Before starting he resealed all the scrolls in his pouch. Considering he had photographic memory, all he really needed was some time to memorize everything. The only reason he usually checks out the scrolls was to make the old librarian happy. Not many people stop by to visit her so Naruto took it upon himself to do so.
     "Alright let's try this out." Naruto carefully preformed hand seals for the jutsu he decided to start on.  "Earth release: Earth Mound Creation."
     At a moderate speed the ground began to rise and form a 10 foot tall mound with Naruto at its peak. Mud started to form at its sides, making it nearly impossible for anyone to climb up.
     Suddenly Naruto became silent and stopped moving. He sensed someone on the ground, behind him (he is still 10ft above his stalker). In a quick motion he weaved some hand seals and picked up some of the mud he stood on.
     "Earth release: Stone Shuriken Skill." Naruto whispered under his breath. Without turning around, Naruto threw the shuriken and could hear as it sliced through human hair. Naruto meant it as a warning shot to make whoever was behind him to back off.
     "You know that really caught me off guard." Said the voice of a man. "I wasn't exactly expecting stone shuriken to be thrown at me so quickly and with no hesitation."
     "Who are you?" Naruto asked. He could feel the man start to walk around the mound, getting in front of Naruto so that they would be facing each other. He caught a glimpse of grey, pointy hair and what seemed to be an eye covering and a mask.
     What kinda person covers up their face so much? I can only see one of his eyes and that's it. Naruto thought to himself.
     "I'm Kakashi, probably one of the few people you will ever meet that covers their face this much. Although it really isn't any of your concern what I do or don't do with my face." His one eye seemed to express the annoyance of his entire face.