[CHAPTER 21]

"Sasuke! Sakura!" Kakashi yelled. He heard no response from his students, making him run even faster. My first mission with them... did I lose them this quickly?

Kakashi ran until he finally found a group of bodies on the floor, Sasuke kneeling before them and simply smiling.

"Kakashi sensei..." A girl's voice said weakly. "h-help him..."

As he got closer the jonin distinguished the burnt up bodies and realized that the old bridge builder was thrown in the bunch.

"What happened to him? Sasuke what happened?" Kakashi looked at the quiet Uchiha, clearly he wasn't as hurt as Sakura, he must've seen what happened. 

The boy stayed silent.

I barely know any medical ninjutsu. Kakashi thought. I might be able to heal them enough to get to the village though.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" A clone of Kakashi appeared and went over to heal the pink haired girl. His real self tried to keep Tazuna alive, his body was already going into shock from the burns. 

Kakashi was able to keep the two injured alive at the very least. He picked up Tazuna and his clone carried Sakura in his arms.

"Sasuke lets go. We have to get to the village and have a doctor treat these two." Kakashi began walking.

Sasuke got up and trailed behind the Kakashi clones. He was slow, still lost entirely in his thoughts.

*time skip a few hours maybe? they're walking rlly slow*

God what's taking them so long. Naruto thought. It's not like they were all that far behind.  

Suddenly Naruto felt it, the chakra of his squad enter his sensory area. They were within 80 feet of him, going way too slow for his liking. He got up from his seat in Tazuna's home and ran out.

"Naruto!" Haku yelled. "Where are you going?"

"I'm just checking on something." The blonde called out.

It didn't take him long to reach his team. He saw Kakashi holding Tazuna and a clone carrying Sakura. 

"What happened?" Naruto pushed past the clone holding pinky and examined the old man's condition. "What happened to my $100,000!?"

"I don't know, I found them like this and Sasuke hasn't spoken since I got there." Kakashi said. "Sakura has an infection and Tazuna is barely alive. I'm not well versed with medical ninjutsu so they really need a doctor."

"You think I'm gonna waste more money on a crappy ass doctor that'll probably kill him?" Naruto shook his head and laughed. "Absolutely not! I'll heal the old man myself."

"Naruto what about Sakura? She's your teammate..." Kakashi said.

"She'll survive..." Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Naruto." Kakashi's presence seemed to force guilt into Naruto.

"...until I finish healing the old man." Naruto walked over to Kakashi. 

The Uzumaki made a clone of himself and took Tazuna all the way back to his house. When he entered the old man's daughter was too shocked to speak, her horrified eyes just followed Naruto.

"Stop staring will ya!" Nauruto yelled back to the woman. 

She just saw her burnt up father be brought in by a 12 year old. The nine tails sighed. Find some sympathy, it's the normal human thing to do.

I hate when people stare at me. Naruto scowled.

The genin locked himself into a room with the unconcious bridge builder; he didn't want anyone interupting him considering it was going to be the first time he was going to heal anyone other than himself. 

Kakashi finally managed to make it to Tazuna's house, with some help from Zabuza who met them halfway to give some directions. 

Squad 7 walked into the house, Tsunami (Inari's mother and Tazuna's daughter) was standing near the entrance muttering to herself.

"N-not again... I can't lose him too..." Kakashi heard her whisper.

"Zabuza is there a spare room here?" Kakashi needed to put Sakura down so she could rest properly, and maybe it would be best to keep Sasuke isolated from everyone else for the time being. 

"No, but some kid's room is at the back. Naruto took the spare room to heal the geezer." Zabuza pointed down the hallway leading to the room.

The grey haired jonin laid down his student on a sleeping mat. Then he split the room with a folding shoji screen.

"Sasuke you can stay here for the time being." Kakashi said. He left the room to go check on Tsunami. 

"Sasuke..." Sakura softly whispered.

There was no response. He didn't want to talk, especially not to her. 

Those three words pounded in his head...

...Useless...

...Worthless...

...Foolish...

In the end that's all he was. He couldn't stop the mist ninja and even when he did the person he was supposed to protect lay half dead at his feet. 

"Sasuke..." Called out a weak voice yet again. "Why?"

I don't know. The Uchiha thought.

*Back to Naruto*

God I never knew it was so tiring to heal someone else. The Uzumaki groaned.

You aren't used to his flow of chakra so it takes more chakra to repair his pathways and overall body. The nine tails said. Also since he isn't a shinobi he isn't trained in using chakra so his flow is all disoriented. 

I won't be able to heal the tendons but I'm almost done with all the burns. Naruto thought. He'll have to fully heal by himself though.

You should stop soon. The kyubi told his jinchuriki. Your chakra is starting to deplete and the other two brats still need to be healed. The kunoichi's infection is going to cost you a massive amount of chakra and treatment will all depend on extremely delicate chakra control. 

Yeah I'm done. Naruto got up and walked out of the room. 

Both of them are in the back room. The kyubi said.

Naruto trudged to the back of the house. More than half of his chakra was gone, he felt weak and light headed. 

I don't like this feeling... Naruto thought.

Should've trained more in medical ninjutsu idiot. The nine tails said.

Naruto entered the room and went straight to Sakura. 

"Get off of me you bastard." She mumured, too weak to actually move out of his grasp.

"Shut up Haruno." Naruto murmured back.

He sensed the infection spread through her body, maybe the blade was poisoned. She was feverish and pale so there really was no good indication to whether it was infection or poison. 

Naruto began to heal her, eliminating all traces of the 'thing' hurting her body. She got her color back, her temperature went down, and her breathing pattern slowed to a normal pace; but now Naruto seemed to take on those qualities. He stumbled over to Sasuke's side of the room. 

Damn it. Naruto scowled. He's been bleeding internally this entire time.