[CHAPTER 13]

It's the exam day. Naruto got no sleep at all but he's used to it by now.

His clothes smelled of cleaning fluids and made his eyes water slightly. He could go to his safehouse during lunch but right now he had no time.

The written test was easy. The blonde would glance around the room every now and then, seeing all the frustrated faces of his classmates. He noticed some disgusted glances coming from some of the kids around him but they did that if even if he didn't smell like bleach.

When they were released for lunch Naruto went to the bathroom to avoid people from seeing his Thunder God Technique.  The second he got home he ran to the shower and tried to scrub the strong smell off of his skin. He finally got into some new clothes although it wasn't what he wore around other people, it was his training clothes. He put on a plain black shirt with the uzumaki symbol on the back, anbu style sweatpants, and the high top shinobi sandals he picked up from his apartment.  He wrapped bandages around his forearms because he was self conscious of all his scars. He strapped on his special pouch around his waist and attached his shuriken holster to his leg.

He grabbed an apple from his makeshift kitchen and teleported back to his apartment in the village. He started his walk back to the academy, on his way he bought an onigiri since he was still hungry.

The second part of the exam was extremely easy, even easier than the written exam. It was just a clone jutsu, Naruto could do that in his sleep. He passed since it was the easier version of one of his specialties.

"Wow looking good in the headband Naruto." Choji said, taking his seat next to the blonde. He took out a bag of chips and offered some to the blue eyed boy.

"Not looking so bad yourself Akimichi." Naruto took a chip and stuffed it in his mouth.

"Whoa how did you pass Naruto? They don't let losers become genin." Shikamaru said sarcastically while sitting on the other side of Naruto.

"That means they shouldn't have passed you either, but guess what? This is a regulation headband so suck it." Naruto stuck his tongue out and laughed at Shikamaru's self-degrading joke.

***Time skip to the next day***

"Alright class I'll be announcing the teams now." Iruka sensei said. He took out his list and began to read out loud.

Choji and Shikamaru got lucky, being on the same team. Meanwhile Naruto was stuck with Sakura Haruno and the Uchiha.

Naruto doesn't really know Sakura. He actually didn't even know the pink haired girl's name until Iruka sensei had scolded her last year about something. However, Naruto knew exactly who Sasuke Uchiha was and he hated him. He was an orphan just like him, with a power that is feared throughout the village just like him, but he was treated differently. Even though his clan was massacred for planning a coup he was treated with respect and care. Naruto had taken on the burden of keeping the nine tails sealed in him and protecting the village, against his will, but is seen as a monster, something that doesn't deserve to live.

Naruto knew how the dynamic of the team was going to go even before they were even given a sensei. Naruto and Sasuke can't stand each other, so that was already a problem. The only factor he didn't know about was the girl, Sakura. He would have to do a little more digging on her.

"Alright class. We'll break for lunch and when you come back your team leaders will be here waiting for you." Iruka announced to the new genin's.

This is the perfect chance to talk to her. Naruto thought.

"Hey! Sakura right? I'm Naruto Uzumaki, I'm on your team." Naruto decided to give a nice first impression, he wouldn't wanna have a rocky relationship with someone he's never talked to before.