[CHAPTER 19]

The journey was quiet for the time being. There was nothing to talk about or complain about.

It would've been a nice day if there weren't ninja paid to kill team 7's client.

Gato... isn't that the shipping tycoon that we always steal from? Naruto asked the nine-tails.

Yeah. The kyubi responded. The guy is so obsessed with his drug smuggling that he doesn't pay much attention when foxes steal normal things here and there.

So if it comes down to it would it be bad for the scavengers if I were to kill him? Naruto thought.

No, the scavengers get materials from all over the world. The nine tails explained. If he were to die there wouldn't be much of a problem.

As long as they can still bring me food then I'm good. Naruto thought happily.

Pfft, dumbass

After an hour of walking the squad reached the clearing where Naruto had tied the mist shinobi to a tree. The Uzumaki picked up his pace from the back of the pack and walked into the forest, trying to find that tree.

"Naruto?! What do you think you're doing breaking formation like that?" Sakura yelled to the blonde that disappeared into the mass of trees.

The team heard no response and stopped walking, not knowing if they should follow him or if he just needed a bathroom break.

A few minutes passed before Naruto came trudging out, followed by two beat up shinobi with rope cuffs binding their hands.

"N-naruto what did you do?" Sakura was not expecting this.

"My clone caught these two a while back, I just had to go get them real quick." Naruto said as if it were an everyday occurrence.

"Violent?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes," Naruto pointed to Tazuna. "they were after him."

The bridge builders eyes went wide and his face paled. "What are you talking about! I've never seen those two in my life! Why would they be after me?"

"Most of the time, when shinobi kill it's not personal. It's not odd that you don't know these men but they have traveled a long way just to kill you." Naruto said with a chilling expression. "I already know what's going on since these two have very loose lips, however I'll give you this chance to enlighten the rest of my team old man."

Tazuna explained the many details of the mission he decided to leave out. He was hoping that they would understand he was having financial struggles so paying for an appropriately ranked mission wasn't possible.

"Well sir, if you had been assigned any other genin team then this would be the point where we turn back." Kakashi told the old man.

"But-?" Tazuna hoped that there really was a 'but' to finish that statement.

"But, you can see how competent my genin are." The jonin gave a little smile towards the blonde. "We'll finish out the mission, does everyone agree?"

All the genin shook their heads in an up and down motion, bringing relief to the old builder.

"Thank you." The old man  said.

The squad began to walk again. Kakashi slowed his pace and sunk to the back of the group, next to Naruto.

"Naruto send another clone up ahead." Kakashi said.

"You got it boss." Naruto performed his jutsu and sent the clone to scout the area in front of them.