[CHAPTER 29]

Who hired us for the job? Would it go unnoticed if I fake it? If it's in terms of power distribution then they'll know if the hokage is truly dead. If this is for money it can be faked easily. I need to get in contact with the person that requested this.

"I was trying to be nice!" Kabuto yelled. "You just made another enemy! Impressive how you made this entire room go out for your blood."

Naruto became annoyed. He started to shake and his fists were clenched. 

"Hey Naruto," Sakura came to him and patted his back. "You don't have to be scared."

Naruto let out a laugh. "If you think I'm scared then you know nothing about me." He finally turned to face the entire room of genin. "My name is Naruto Uzumaki! I encourage every single one of you to come for me but I promise you'll never even lay a scratch on me."

Kabuto backed away. How can a young rookie be so confident?

"Now, everyone is coming after me, but you were my first challenger correct?" Naruto stalked towards the grey haired boy.

"Uh, no I never said anything like that!" Kabuto kept backing away, his hands waving frantically in the air.

"I can't hear you." A warm breath enveloped his ear. A kunai was held to Kabuto's back.

Kabuto froze. His eyes widened. He was bested and he didn't even know it. 

"If any of you think you can run faster, try it." Naruto announced. "If any of you think you scare me, try it."

He took Kabuto's glasses and crushed them in his hand. "You may be a leaf shinobi but you are also the best way to create a 'spectacle' for everyone else."

The room was silent as Naruto walked back to his group and then told them that they should find seats. 

"Is he an idiot?" Neji said from where he sat. 

"Still hot-headed." Lee added.

Somewhere deeper into the room, Naruto's proposal caught the attention of the sound shinobi.

"The sound may be a hidden village of a small nation but we're no shinobi scraps." A boy with bandages across his face muttered.

"I outta teach him a lesson if he thinks all of us are incompetent." A girl, likely from his team whispered.

"Shall we do it then?" The bandaged boy asked. "Yes, we should."

The three sound ninja flickered out of view. They weaved through the crowd without creating a single gust of wind, their movements were fluid.

One of them vaulted himself into the air and launched two kunai straight to Naruto. They were parried by kunai coming from the crowd behind Naruto. Shikamaru sat back down in his seat, his job done.

The bandaged boy went straight for Naruto, a punch ready to be landed.

Sound shinobi huh? Naruto thought. I remember their fighting style, only question is should I dodge or send it right back?

Send it back, makes things more interesting. The kyubi said.

Naruto clenched his fist and purposely missed the sound ninja. The bandaged boy knew exactly what just happened, but how did this leaf ninja know?

There was a split second of silence but then it hit him. The sound ninja's eyes widened, red started to bleed into his bandages before he unwrapped them and puked.

Not only did he know how I was going to attack but he also used it without needing the melody arm. He thought.  

"Silence degenerates!" A voice boomed from the front and center of the room.

Everyone's head turned to the group of shinobi that appeared from a cloud of smoke.

"I'm Ibiki Morino, proctor for the first test of the chunin exam." A man with scars trailing down his face said. He was very tall and built, his eyes looked shadowed and unclear to read.

He pointed to Naruto and the sound ninja, "You kids over there! No doing as you please before the exam! Take your seats before I fail you!"

"S-sorry about that sir." Said the sound ninja with the now unwrapped bandages. He got up from the floor and bowed to the man. "These are our first exams, must've flipped out."

"I just wanted to beat the shit out of him." Naruto stated.

"Take a seat Uzumaki." Ibiki snarled. "This is the best time to announce this, there are to be no fights without the permission of proctors and even then they cannot lead to the death of any participants."

"Yes sir." Naruto saluted and took a seat next to Hinata.

"Any pig that screws with me will be disqualified immediately." Ibiki warned, staring straight at Naruto as he said this. "Now then, let's start the first part of the chunin exams!"

"Once you all get seated I'll pass out the test and some pencils." A shinobi next to Ibiki announced.

Everyone was seated and got their exams, ready to start.

"There are several important rules you must follow for this first test. Listen closely as I will not be answering questions or repeating myself." Ibiki started. " First! You are all given ten points, for every question you get wrong one point will be deducted. Second, you will pass by the added total of your entire team, 27 points are needed at least! And lastly, those who are deemed by the sentinels as having committed an act of cheating or something similar to that will have two points deducted for each act. In other words, some of you will be dismissed before tests are graded, and if one person gets a zero the entire team fails."

There was a collective gasp that came from everyone in the room, followed by protests.

"Quiet!" Ibiki yelled. "The test begins now!"

Papers were flipped, pencils were picked up, there were a few groans that rung across the room. 

Easy. Naruto thought. Wonder how the others are doing. I better not fail because of them.

Look into their minds. The nine tails suggested. Leave nothing to chance right now. 

I guess that would be best. Naruto agreed.

He plunged into Sakura's mind. Having done it to her before she became aware of his presence immediately. 

Naruto get out of my head. She thought. 

Are you doing well? Need help? He asked.

None from you. She thought.

Yeah okay. He said.

Naruto went into Sasuke's mind next. His thoughts were jumbled, not something he was expecting. Naruto couldn't pinpoint anything about the test, making it hard to know if he needed help.

How is Naruto so calm? He heard Sasuke think. He just became everyone's target and he doesn't even seem fazed. How does he do that?

Images of himself flashed through the Uchiha's mind. He looked a lot nicer than he usually did, he held himself with confidence, and was always smiling?

Do I look like that to everyone? He thought.

Who's there?! Sasuke thought, hearing Naruto.

It's me, Naruto. He said. I projected a part of my conscious into yours, I hear your thoughts and you hear mine. I was wondering if you needed any help.

Immediately the images of Naruto disappeared and there was silence.

Do you need help? Naruto asked again.

No. Thought Sasuke.

Okay, good luck then. Naruto went back to his own mind, thoroughly confused at what he did wrong to get such a weird reaction from the brat.