[CHAPTER 23]

Team 7 has been walking for a few hours now. The way back to the village was tedious and generally boring, especially without having any enemy attackers. 

Team 7 was walking with Haku and Zabuza for quite some time, as they were headed in the same direction: the edge of the island.

The village hidden in the mist was placed in the mountainous range bordering the land of water. It was the best site for defense, launching attacks, and generally staying concealed to those that don't know the way into the village. 

Once the group of ninja ventured closer to the end of the island, the mist shinobi departed with team 7. Zabuza was finally heading back to the village he left years ago to put an end to the 4th Mizukage's rein, despite his first failure; fortunately, he wasn't going alone. In his travels he never thought he would meet such a talented child such as Haku. The raw talent of the kid as a shinobi made it so easy to train him, even making him compete with the kages in strength. Haku...the youngest Mizukage by far... sounds good. 

Naruto, not having much to do once the mist ninja left, slowed his pace until he walked side by side with his sensei.

"How are you feeling?" Kakashi asked. "Are you feeling tired or something?"

"I'm fine." Naruto said. "You can stop asking me this."

"You died." Kakashi whispered. "No one here knows how the hell you managed to wake up again."

"A little chakra loss can't kill me." Naruto scoffed. "Neither will the walk back home."

"Whatever you say." Kakashi shrugged. 

It genuinely did concern the jonin how fine Naruto seemed to feel after coming back from the dead. It's almost as if he found joy in dying, something that Kakashi was contemplating whether or not he should report to the hokage. 

After hours of travelling, both on land and water, the village gates were finally visible. Naruto seemed to disappear before they arrived but Kakashi and Sasuke knew that he didn't live inside the village anymore, Sakura was very confused though. Despite being confused she asked no questions, it wasn't like she cared.

"You two need to get checked up at the hospital before going home." Kakashi said to his two genin. "And I want a doctors note as proof that you actually went."

"Ok." Sasuke said simply. 

"Sensei how come Naruto doesn't need to see a doctor?" Sakura asked "He's the one that died." 

"Because he'll probably come out of that hospital worse than he went in." Kakashi explained. He remembered the time he had seen the blonde boy walk into the hospital and almost immediately get kicked out with blood running down his head. "The doctors don't really like him and he learned that the hard way."

"Well they're always nice to me!" Sakura said. "Maybe he should try being more polite."

God she's so full of herself. Kakashi sweat dropped. If anything he'll probably go visit Shikaku, I bet he'll have some kind of fix for him in the Nara medical encyclopedia. 

Team 7 stopped in front of the hospital, Kakashi purposely seeing them off for even more reassurance. 

"Well I'll see you guys 2 days from now. Make sure to rest up as much as you can tomorrow." Kakashi waved to his students and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. 

Sasuke started walking to the hospital entrance, ignoring the calls of the pink haired girl.

"Sasuke! Wanna go eat dinner with me after?" She asked. "Or maybe you want to go on a relaxing walk later?"