[CHAPTER 20]

"Um, Naruto how are you aquainted with Zabuza Momochi?" Kakashi lowered his headband to cover the sharingan.

"Zabuza here is a rogue shinobi for hire." Naruto explained. "I had a mission a while back in my third year of the academy with Guy sensei, it just so happened that Zabuza and his subordinate Haku had a fairly similar mission. We worked together and split the profits, that was it."

"Seems like you still oversimplify everything." Zabuza rolled his eyes. "The brat forgot to mention that this certain mission took us a month to complete."

"So that's why you were gone for so long that year." Naruto heard Sasuke mutter.

"Iruka sensei told us that you were sick." Sakura was confused but then got mad. "Wait you didn't even graduate at that point! How did you get to go on a month long mission?"

"Unlike you I have certain connections." Naruto didn't intend to elaborate but it was enough to satisfy the kunoichi.

"Well it was nice seeing you again kid, but I gotta finish my mission." Zabuza pointed his sword towards the bridge builder. Despite the distance between Zabuza and Tazuna, the sword slightly pierced his neck.

"WHOA! C-calm down man." Tazuna stuttered in fear of his death. "Aren't you gonna stop him?! I didn't pay you damn ninjas just so you would stupidly stare at my murder!"

Naruto sighed. This is such a waste of my money.

"How much are you being paid?" Naruto burrowed his face into his hand. It's just like Shikamaru would say... this is such a drag.

"$50,000." Zabuza said while his sword began to put stronger pressure on Tazuna's throat.

"God, fine! I'll double it you damn assassin." Naruto's face paled. All that for one guy? Why'd it have to be me? I'm gonna be completely broke if this mission makes me pay anything else.

"It's great making business with you again brat." Zabuza lowered his sword and made a hand signal to someone hiding in the trees.

"Again...?" Sasuke murmured.

Ugh. What's with all his questions? Naruto groaned.

"I paid him off in the first mission too." The Uzumaki turned towards the rest of his team, giving them some more details he decided to leave out.

"You should probably also add in that you paid him off just to use me." A feminine voice said from behind Naruto.

"W-who is she?" Sakura pointed towards the person beyond Naruto. "Is that your girlfriend?! How can someone stand being near a demon like you?"

Naruto burst out in a maniacal laughter. "You mean him?"

"You think I'm dating that p-pig?" Haku burst out laughing too.

"Him?" Sakura's face darkened. How is he prettier than me??

"Haku!" Naruto turned and gave the boy a polite smile. "How's the hidden mist doing? You got enough support yet?"

"This is our last mission to gather money and we already have more than half of the village supporting our cause." Haku returned the polite smile. "The fourth mizukage will be overthrown soon."

What the hell did I just hear. Kakashi was so surprised from their casual talk of a coup d'etat he couldn't really react properly.

"Well let's stop wasting our time here." Naruto faced his team. "Grab your packs, we're going to the old man's house and then I'll go with Zabuza and Haku to finish off Gato."