[CHAPTER 27]

Anbu in every corner... a surprise attack is useless. A transformation will be sensed. Foxes are too weak. People everywhere. I'll be banished, killed. Dishonor to my family name. What would my parents have died for?

Team 7 entered the building where the first examination was going to be held. Despite being slightly late they had plenty of time to sign up. They walked in silently, no one noticing them while they pushed through the crowd to make it to the stairs. The hallway, however, started to get too crowded. All the genin were gathered around a room and none of them seemed to be walking in. Naruto couldn't see over the bunch of genin, unfortunately short for his age. It didn't matter all that much though, he could still sense what was happening even though it made no sense. Two kids seemed to be blocking the door that the genin were trying to go through, but the question is what was so important about that room? They must know that this was only the second floor right?

"You're really planning on taking the chunin exams and you can't even get past us?" A boy, near Naruto's age said. He had three bandages on his face and black spiky hair. His headband was clearly from the leaf village.

Next to him was another boy. His headband was fitted like a beanie on his head. Neither of them were easy to recognize at first, Naruto had never seen them before, not around the village or academy. But when they spoke again, how are the voices so familiar?

"Why don't you give up before you get hurt?"

"Yeah, I think I hear your mommy calling ya."

It's the newbies. Naruto smiled. Never knew they could be such bullies.

Naruto pushed through the crowd, finding his way to the front. The two boys caught sight of him and tensed up, knowing that Naruto recognized them.

"Please let us through! We're supposed to go in there!" Tenten said. She was kneeling down next to Lee who seemed to have gotten beat up.

"A funny trick you guys." Naruto made his way to Lee and gave him a hand to stand up.

"Naruto! When did you get here?" Lee asked enthusiastically.

"Just a while ago." The Uzumaki nodded to Tenten, a quiet hello, but then he sighed. "I'm disappointed, I thought team Guy was better than this."

There was a pause of silence. All the genin in the hall just stared. How could this kid openly insult a team so shamelessly?

"Maybe it's the lack of training in all areas except taijutsu." Naruto said. "Or you're just moving so fast you can't seem to realize that's not the room you're supposed to go into."

"What do you mean?" A boy in the crowd called out.

"It's room 301! That's where we are supposed to go smartass!" Another yelled.

"Just drop the genjutsu." Sasuke said. He had walked up behind Naruto and was closely followed by Sakura. "Even an idiot can see through it, hell, I'm sure Sakura knew the second she walked in."

Cha! Did Sasuke just call me an idiot! Sakura's internal voice grumbled.

"Don't downplay my skills! I'm not an idiot, I knew that this was the second floor! Unlike everyone else here." Sakura's face was flushed red with anger.

Suddenly the sign changed from 301 to 201, leaving everyone in shock.

"What a party pooper." The boy with black spiky hair said. It was Kotetsu. "Spotting illusions is simple work, but how would you handle this?!"

Kotetsu moved too quick for anyone to think he was still a genin. His leg kicked up, aiming straight for Sasuke because he knew Naruto wouldn't be fazed by an attack like this.