11

A T H E N A   D E   L U C A' s   P O V

"Father is going to drop me off so I'll meet you at school" she groans lightly. "Are you gonna be okay?" She humms in approval. "Are you sur-"

"I'll call you as soon as he tries anything..promise mom" she says and I could basically see her eyes rolling back.

I sigh as she ends the call, getting out of bed. Keep her safe.

I take a quick shower changing into black jeans and a black crop top, along with a cropped leather jacket.

I chuckle looking at myself in the mirror, I was the complete opposite of Lyla. She wore skirts and makeup while I wore jeans and messy buns. I never really liked the idea of wearing skirts or short dresses as they showed my thighs, my scars. Battle scars.

I pick up my phone walking down the stairs to the kitchen to see it empty and grin, taking a breakfast bar instead, walking towards the garage. "Are you following the car?" I ask Felix as he picks up my call. "Yeah"

"Let me know if anything and I mean ANYTHING happens" I say to him, starting up my bike. "Promise, now get your ass to school" he says, ending the call.

I speed my way out, reaching the school gates in under fifteen minutes. I park my bike up front, getting off and looking around to see if Felix or Lyla were here, but they weren't so I lean against my bike, taking out my phone.

I hear the roar of a bike before Axel's bike stops next to mine and he gets off, running a hand through his hair. "Isn't Ambrose riding with you?" I ask as he takes out a cigarette.

He shakes his head no, lighting it up and taking a blow. "He won't be here today, something about some missing drugs"he shrugs, taking another blow.

I see a girl approach him and turn around, leaning on the other side of my bike...that's the last thing I want to see. I glance back and notice a beautiful girl, her blonde hair waving as she talks to him.

I notice a black car come through the gates, followed by Felix's car not long after. I walk towards Felix and he mumbles a small hey, parking his car first.

L Y L A R O M E Z' s P O V : (15 minutes earlier)

"I heard you got yourself in trouble at school" my so called father speaks up, holding the knife on top of the stove's fire.

"Is that true sweetheart?" I gulp, closing my eyes and nodding slowly. It's not long before I heard the agonizing screams of my mom as he stabs the knife in her hand making my flinch and look away.

Father had this weird psychology and would hit mother even at the smallest of my mistakes which is why I would usually never get in trouble unless it was in the heat of the moment or someone speaking shit about the people I love.. like yesterday. I cover my ears with my hands, shutting my eyes close as I drop to my knees, trying to drain out the voice of my mom going through this.

My father was rich, super rich and we were apparently, according to the pictures and news, this amazingly happy family. My mother was one of the most envied woman to have a husband like him. If only they knew.

"Get up" he speaks up suddenly, I get on my legs as I knew there was nothing good coming out of me not doing as he says. He takes me by my arm, pulling me into the car with him.

The driver drives in this agonizingly slow speed, with me tapping my foot and looking out the window with tears burning in my eyes.

The driver stops at the school gates but before my hand could even touch the car door, dad pulls my hand away, slapping me across the face. "This is your warning, one more mistake and you know what happens" he says, letting go of my arm.

I nod silently, fixing my hair and getting out of the car, towards the people I knew would help me. "Lyla" Athena whispers softly, opening her arms, which I gladly accept, wrapping my arms around her. She pulls away and takes my arm, pulling me towards a empty hallway with Felix on the other side of me.

She looks at me, taking my arm and examining it before doing the same on my other arm and legs. She caresses my cheek lightly, pulling me into a hug once again. "Cheek?" She asks and I nod, finally letting my tears drop.

"I still don't get why you keep us from hurting him, lyla, this would all go away if you just say the word" Felix speaks up and I pull away from Athena, burying myself into his arms instead.

"I hate him, I really do, even I wish I'd kill him. But he's my father" I lower my head. "He's a disgusting piece of trash, excuse of a human being...but still my father."

A/N

Hii everyone, how are y'all doing? Good, I hope. Please don't forget to comment, or vote for the chapter and do let me know if you're enjoying this book so far <3