73

A/N: after 2 whole months...I've finally decided to bless you with my presence. Yes, I know I suck at uploading but I'm trying to get everything back to schedule in my life like before and that includes writing regularly. And yes...this time I actually mean it.

Do vote and comment loves <3

❗️A NOT SO QUICK RECAP❗️- since it has been so long

Athena couldn't choose and continuously changed her mind between Axel and Luka, who is actually Dimitri (the son of Klaus). While she is getting closer to Dimitri, she suddenly gets sent off to Italy for protection from the Russians. (She is still unaware that Dimitri is one and in fact the boss) Starkov is the one who was behind the attacks and who everyone thinks is In charge of the Russian mafia but he is in fact just the face while Dimitri is the real deal.

Athena's checkup before leaving just makes her a lot more insecure than what she felt when she was out of rehab.

Italy brings Axel and Athena closer again but Axel is still confused to whether he actually likes her but deep down even he knows he does. We get to see Andrew and Axel's rocky relationship as well as a bit of their vulnerable side.

Andrew quickly catches onto what's going on between the kids and he tries to warn Axel. Whereas back home, Amelia tries to ignore Athena because she blames herself for the attacks, thinking the Russians are doing this because of her past with them.

Andrew encourages Vincenzo to introduce Kai to Athena at the ball.

Ambrose walks in on Athena and Axel kissing which is why is rages out and hits Axel until he drops to ground, only stopping once his breaths are barely audible before running out of the house in anger.

Athena makes it to Andrew's room just in time.

Damn that was a lot of A's - Andrew, Axel, Athena, Amelia, Ambrose-

ALRIGHT ENOUGH WITH THE RANT, YOU MAY NOW CONTINUE WITH THE STORY...

A N D R E W R O S S' s P O V :

"I don't care that you can't find him. Vincenzo will be here tomorrow afternoon and you know damn well you won't be alive if Ambrose isn't home in perfect condition by then. Or if he even finds out about this in the first place" I seethed out before ending the call.

Why the fuck did he come unannounced anyway? And why the fuck did he punch my kid to near death. Hell, even Athena looked scared.

I look towards Axel's bed to see no sign of him waking up.

I had him shifted back to his room since I couldn't bare looking at his body in the medical room. What if Athena hadn't come to me on time? Would I lose my only child? I know I'm not the picture perfect father who is involved but fuck I would die to see him have a normal life.

Maybe I should've kept him away from this life.

I walk out and decide to go checkup on Athena since she was on the lower floor, in the bedroom in front of the medical room.

I open the door slowly to see her gone. What the fuck?

I look in the medical room to see her on the chair, staring at the bloodied bed in a trance.

The nurse speaks up from her desk. "I tried to tell her he's not here but she didn't listen and is just staring at nothing, not speaking as well"

I stop in front of her, placing a hand on her shoulder which seemed to have get her back to reality.

"Where's Axel? Where's my brother?" She asks softly, looking up at my standing figure with teary eyes, barely audible.

"What happened?" I ignore her question.

"A- Axel, he- it's my fault" she breaks down. "I was with Axel and Ambrose saw us close and he- he did that. Axel didn't try to fight back" She sobs.

Fuck, this reminds me so much of Amelia when Vincenzo was hurt.

"Listen, I need you to pull yourself together and go wash up" I say sternly while she listens. "Your dad will be here tomorrow and I don't want him finding out about this. You had nothing to do with this but for now I need you to stay away from Axel, especially in front of your family." I tell her and she nods slowly, confused.

"We'll find Ambrose and get him home. Axel is fine and in his room. You need to get the blood off your hands and clothes" I say and help her get up.

I know we kill for a living. I know she killed people before. But seeing someone you know get hurt kills you inside, at that moment you wish you were in their place, no matter how painful the torture.

I take her up the stairs and into her room. "You'll be fine, right?"

"I'll be fine" she says, not really knowing what's happening.

She slowly walks to her closet and goes to the bathroom with clothes in hand.

I walk out and go to the room next door, still seeing Axel unconscious. Just then I hear voices from down and stop by the top of the stairs to see Ambrose shouting.

I knew this was going to happen eventually. Both, Vincenzo and Ambrose, hated the idea of Athena with anyone related to the mafia, thats why they were happy with Daniel until they broke up.

Ambrose notices me and scoffs, coming my way.

He spits on my shoes and I sigh. Great, they were new.

"Vincenzo will not find out about this" I make it clear to Ambrose who stood right in front of me.

He scoffs and looks behind me to see Axel as the door was wide open and you could see him on the bed clearly.

He tries to get past me but I stop him. "I'm sure dad would love to kill him" he says making me angrier by the second. Keep calm, he's angry and a kid.

"Listen here you little shit, Vincenzo finds out about them and not only is Axel dead, but you are too and I'll make sure of that" I assure him. "So you better get a room and stay there until the ball is over. He is supposed to introduce Athena to someone there and if that goes well, it's good for all of us, isn't it?"

He just ignores me and goes up another floor before I here the slamming of a door.

"Kids these days" I hear Xavier mumble from the stairs making me roll my eyes at him before going back to my room for some rest. Tomorrow is going to be a long fucking day.