54

A T H E N A D E L U C A' s P O V :

"I'm sorry babes" Lyla says for the hundredth time making me chuckle and shake my head. "It's fine, really"

"I wanna go but I also wanna stay with my mom, i- we'll call everyday"

"I'm only going away for a month" I point out, assuring her...and myself as she hugs me to death.

"Let's go" Felix comes out of his room with two duffel bags in his hands and Lyla finally lets me go. "I'll miss you babes" she kisses my cheek and I get up smiling at her.

I take the bags from Felix and walk towards the elevator. "I'll wait in the car"

After I had come Back from the doctor's office, I stayed in my room for an hour, coming out only when it was time for me to leave, coming to Lyla right after saying bye to mom and dad as Ambrose was nowhere to be found.

And here we are...

F E L I X L O P E Z' s P O V :

Lyla finally catches her breath, dropping her head to my chest as I laid on the sofa. "That was quick" her voice still breathy and she pecks my lips once again.

I leave a kiss on her forehead, placing her on the couch and get up, zipping my jeans and she sits straight. "Take care of her" her voice filled with worry making me nod. "I'll see you in a few days" I mumble, picking up my shirt and putting it on while walking towards the elevator.

"Byee" she smile making me catch on to it as a slight smile forms onto my lips.

I take the elevator downstairs to see Athena sitting in the lobby making me frown as I walk towards her. "Finally" I hear her and she gets up, looking at me making my way towards her. "Weren't you going to the car?" I ask and we both make our way outside together. "I would...If I had the keys" and my frown drops in realization.

I take the bags from her, keeping them in the backseats before getting in the driver's seat.

"You okay?" I ask after ten minutes of driving, glancing at Athena as her eyes tightened shut. She shakes her head slightly. "I don't wanna go"

"Hey, it's only a month and I'll be with you" I assure her and notice a faint smile form before it drops completely. "I was supposed to be in there for a month as well but they kept me for a year and my weight is low and i was taking suppressants again, and the doctors know, what if they keep m-"

"Hey, hey, hey" I stop the car at the side of the road, cutting her off. "No one is sending you there again. We will be there only for a month, no more" I try to calm her nerves. "Also we're going to Italy for protection, no where else"

I notice her hesitant face and speak up again. "I promise"

"Besides, you might meet a hot guy or girl who isn't an asshole" this makes her smile faintly before she turns her head, looking out the window and I start driving once again with her like that for the rest of the ride.

We reach the jet just in time and I get out taking the bags and hand them to one of the guards before going towards the passenger seat and waking Athena up since she had fallen asleep.

"Take some medication once we're in air, it'll help you sleep" I mumble placing my arm around her shoulder and she nods before we both walk towards the jet.

We enter to see Antonio and Xavier talking to some guys and Axel in the very back, talking to someone on his phone. I catch the guard I had given the bags to earlier and ask him where he had kept them. "The bags are in the room 2, one of them has your pills" I tell Athena before we make our way to Xavier and Antonio.

"You guys coming?"

"I'm just coming because I have nothing to do and am jobless" Antonio sighs and walks over to one of the seats.

"I have no clue why Vincenzo wants me to go" Xavier groans and this makes Athena chuckle before she walks over to one of the seats.

As I'm about to sit next to Athena, Axel speaks up. "You" he points at me and I raise a brow in question. "Yeah whatever your name is, Capo wants to talk to you"

I walk there, sitting next to him and taking the phone.

_ _ _

I notice Athena get up and leave towards the bedrooms. Just as she does, I feel Axel shift next to me, about to stand up, looking at where Athena was previously seated.

I place my hand in front of him, pushing him back on his seat making him scowl. "Not today"

A/N:

First of all, I'm honestly really sorry for the late updates but I promise to make up for it in a few days with smut.

Hope y'all are liking the book so far and have an amazing day <33