Red Spider Lily

A/N: For this moment, play Clair de lune.

As we sat in the grass, the winds slightly blowing on our hair, the rustling of the meadow grew quiet and loud, harmonious bird calls, and basking in the warm sunlight we sat.

 A light sweep of his hand was felt in my hair complimenting the light touch of wind and sun. 

Our breaths were deep but also shallow, light but also heavy, airy but also dense as we enjoyed the peace that was so hard to come by. 

When completing our duties as soldiers we were both two soldiers whose hearts were dedicated to the cause, but when we found those times we could rendezvous to the meadow of flowers and light, we were just two humans who were brought into this cruel world. 

Sometimes we would dance, swaying gently, so gentle, as if we were both made of porcelain.

Today was one of those days, of peace, of calm, a necessity to compliment those days of anger and of pain. 

I stood up as I brushed the dried grass from my skirt and let it flutter and billow in the windy day. 

Not a word slipped from our lips as we both got up, none were needed as we were in our little world. I went to a beautiful red flower growing near a long mysterious tree, maybe holding the secrets of the universe in its wide roots, and plucked it, a sliver of beauty in the world of pain. 

Those petals where truly red, , the yellow pollen an striking contrast to the full and scarlet buds.

Red spider lily they called it?

They said it was a bad omen and death was near if you saw red spider lily growing.

But wasn't that what we say everyday?

 I twirled around to see him behind me and I gave him a smile as I put the plucked flower into his brown long locks, green eyes locking into mine as I turned around sharply and proceeded to run away. 

He laughed and gave chase as we both ran around giggling in excitement and teen-aged love even with the memories of years lost.

 He finally caught up with me and we fell into a patch of flowers that poofed up as we landed, sending petals in the air. 

We stayed like that for a while, enjoying the company each other and In each other's embrace we sat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We sat in the petals and I admired the beauty of him. 

His features, with hardly any more childlike wonder, his eyes which were shut as he breathed in the fresh air, his sharp features, his mouth that was relaxed, no longer carrying the scowl that it once adorned. He looked to be at peace, sleep taking him to a place far away, into the land of dreams, and where dreams could be enjoyed without the backdrop of death.

I let him enjoy the quiet the dark welcoming arms of sleep.

I sat making him a flower crown of those red spider lilies, weaving the stems, to make the crown,  and set them on his head as he laid in the petals. His eyelids fluttered as he opened his eyes, blinking in, adjusting to the sunlight. He sat up, stretching his long limbs,and the first words of the day were spoken as he put the crown of beautiful red flowers back on my head,

"No, this should be for you my queen."

A/N: 

Very short chapter today, here is a peaceful moment for you. I'll let you guess who I wrote about today. 

This moment might have a part 2, if you want one feel free to ask.

Don't be afraid to interact, I read your comments and requests don't worry.